AM skimmer

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have an Aqua Medic turboflotor 1000 multi skimmer that was bought new and this skimmer was supplied with an aquabee 2000 lph pump.My question is,is there a better pump that can be attached to this skimmer to improve the skimming performance.
Cheers
Shane

yep u can use and something from the ocean runner range.U sure the skimmer didnt come with and aqua medic pump ????

If you upgrade the pump, the pump might be too powwerfull and you wont be able to setr the skimmer cosa of the amouint of watewr entering the skimmer...Thqat is why they provide a specific pump for that particular skimmer.

if it was a recirc skimmer, than an upgrade would work..

If you had to put a bigger pump, youi would have to put a ball valve on it to set the water level which in my opinion is worthless cos you would turn down the flow to exactly/close to the pump water volume of the pump thatt hew skimmer came with...Instead of puting a bigger pump, rather think about doing the Meshwheel mod to the pump impellor for better results.

Shane the older model AM 1000 came out with the aqua bee pumps, the newer ones come out with a OR2500 needle wheel, you can upgrade the pump it does make quite a big difference.

Hi All,
Thanks for the info. Yes this skimmer is quite old,I still bought it from Northlands pets way back when they were in their old premises down the walkway from the new shop.Just goes to show how old this skimmer is.Thanks Alan,if i were to upgrade to a OR pump,can I just order a OR needle wheel pump from Northlands Pets?
Thanks
Shane

Those Aquabee pumps are awesome pumps, but 2000-2500l /p hour will be better. I think it has to be with a needle wheel or it will overflow.

Hi,
Yes it is a good pump but as I was telling Alan it is one of those old aqua bee's that the air line is connectrd at the back of the pump and sucked through the pump into the needle wheel.I was just wandering if there was a better pump for this skimmer.
Thanks
Shane

You can go for the OR2700.This is a OR2500 with needle wheel impellor.

Back
Top Bottom