2 Koralia Nano's for my Nano as a gift, anyone used them?

Reaction score
My aunt is bringing over 2 Hydor Koralia Nano pumps (1000L/h) - 6cm in size from UK for me next week as a gift!

I've read good things in onverseas forums about these little pumps. Has anyone had any experience with them?

I'll be taking out the tunze nanostream 6025, and seeing if these do as good a job with the flow ;)

Haha. Well i'm hoping these guys will create the perfect flow in my tank, plus they're tiny so easy to place ;)

I don't know of anyone who has those pumps here... There might be a few people, you never know. Be sure to post a mini review of them vs the nanostream when you get them. I'll help you beat off the Tunze fans AND the Not-Tunze fans ;)

Hehe Rory i'll definitely write up a comparison. Well I am completely unbiased at the moment, so quite excited to see how they perform!

The tunze outputs 2500l/h, whereas the koralia nano's output 1000l/h, but with 2 of them positioned well i'm hoping they'll be more effective (even though together their output is a little less)

The Koralia 1 outputs 2300l/h and is around 33pounds (495) which is still cheaper than the tunze.

We'll see ;)

I really like the look of these pumps and have often thought of buying some off ebay, never got around to it though.

Hehe Rory i'll definitely write up a comparison. Well I am completely unbiased at the moment, so quite excited to see how they perform!

The tunze outputs 2500l/h, whereas the koralia nano's output 1000l/h, but with 2 of them positioned well i'm hoping they'll be more effective (even though together their output is a little less)

The Koralia 1 outputs 2300l/h and is around 33pounds (495) which is still cheaper than the tunze.

We'll see ;)

IMO opinion the two will cause more random flow and turbulence (more like the actual ocean) and you can position all over the tank rather than one huge "cannon"

Warr: that's exactly what i'm thinking. Don't get me wrong the tunze nanostream is fantastic! But in my small tank I might be able to get better flow out of two little pumps.

Woohoo getting the Koralia's next week wednesday (27th) I'm excited :thumbup:

2 Koralia Nano's delivered today, i'll have them on wed ;)

HD19501_1.jpg

Here's a pic for size:
koralia-nano-pump.jpg

Super excited! ;)

They look super, I assume you will put an airstone in your tank and take a vid clip for us:thumbup:

so how they doing looks real cool

i'll definitely put up some info on the Koralia vs tunze when I get them. Kanga: By put in an airstone I take it you mean so you can see the flow in the tank? ;)

Yip, just for a short while to see the flow;)

Back
Top Bottom