Triggers

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Hi all

Does anybody know if a clown trigger and a rectangular trigger are compatible with each other?

Reaction score
hey viper

as far as i know in my experiance i was not able 2 keep 2 triggers 2gether in the same tank..

Reaction score
i had 7 with no problem......and on at least 3 occassion i had the clown trigger and picasso in the same setup.......as long as the new addition is slightly larger than the resident

Reaction score
I keep a 18cm clown trigger, 3 x picasso triggers 7-10cm and a niger trigger 10cm all among my other fish in our show tank approx 9000l

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Thanks, is the rectangular also known as the picasso?

Reaction score
no picasso and rectangle are different! if you wanting trigers ill catch you some in a month or so

Reaction score
OK, Viper, sorry for the slight hijack...

If I wanna start up a nano of some sorts, maybe FOWLR or with some hardy corals just for colour, can I add a trigger? Maybe do a little predator tank; just a trigger and a lion or 2? I know the triggers can get quite big, but will a smaller tank be too small for it?

Would they be a threat to any corals? Also, what would I need to feed them, should it be only live food?

I want a predator tank, but don't want to go big...

Reaction score
every fish is different!! iv never had problems

Reaction score

If I wanna start up a nano of some sorts, maybe FOWLR or with some hardy corals just for colour, can I add a trigger? Maybe do a little predator tank; just a trigger and a lion or 2? I know the triggers can get quite big, but will a smaller tank be too small for it?

Would they be a threat to any corals? Also, what would I need to feed them, should it be only live food?

I wouldn`t advise adding fish like triggers or lions to a nano, at worse you`ll stunt their growth.

Reaction score
I generally catch honeycombs ,rectangle and occasionally clown, i cant keep triggers anymore si i can give away my catches (i do however owe dean like a 100 fish before i can give to anyone else LOL)

Reaction score
oh aqnd its a awfull idea putting predators in a nano the polution would be insane

Reaction score
Well if you ever come across a very small clown trigger I would be very happy to take it off your hands.... :)

Alan

Admin
Reaction score

Wow, this would be a total no no in my books, bordering on cruelty. A small tank is no place for these guys, these fish in the wild grow to be very large fish and are used to large swimming space. If you looking for a predator for a small tank consider a frog fish that doesn't swim in open water.