Thank you

Reaction score
I just want to take a moment to say thank you!

We started this project very excitedly for our 12 year old daughter (ok we have ALWAYS wanted one and she gave us the excuse) and although we thought we knew what we were getting into, boy were we wrong! Lol

We started on a tight budget and we're somewhat ignorant as to how much this was actually going to cost (initially just thinking of the price of the tank). So progress has been slow as we get test kits, refractometer and supliments.

However we have received so much help from all of you! So much advice and care. Even some corals, rocks and goodies. We have connected to new people and have found a mutual passion.
We have no fish yet, and it feels like it's been forever, but hopefully once our nitrates and nitrites are down and salinity is right, we can finally add those fish! I can't wait! No really, this is ridiculous...where are my fish

You guys have been awesome and we really appreciate it! ⭐
Myck & Tam

Very kind of you to take the time to start a thread just to thank those that have helped you.

We look forward to following your journey with you, as long as you post thousands of photo's. :p

We started on a tight budget and we're somewhat ignorant as to how much this was actually going to cost
If you don't rush things and shop around and maybe look at DIY for certain things then the hobby can be a lot more affordable than you think, yes the initial costs may be high but it gets better and cheaper as time goes on. ;) Ask loads of questions, somewhere someone has built or found a cheaper way of doing things, lol.

Last edited:
Thank you, this is what this forum is about. In all my years in this hobby I've met so many guys and girls. Its an awesome community.

Back
Top Bottom