Submersibile lights

Reaction score
does ne1 know if submersibile lights are available for aquariums

Yes you get, buddy had some in a FW setup. Why would you wanna do it tho?

Haha... Yes the sort of "common" ones are cold cathode tubes sealed inside a glass tube. I've seen them in pink, green and blue. Same as the ones you get for under your car but sealed in glass.:p You also get those lights for ponds but they probably a bit ugly for an aquarium...

theyr not for inside my tank im building a new system and wanna put them into a corner bath read my thread new system comming

Um, ok... you did ask "for aquariums". The corner bath/shrimp haven/sump sounds rather interesting. You get underwater lights for pools and stuff, maybe you want to put one of those on the bath, or maybe some sort of jacuzzi light. The nurseries usually stock underwater lights for ponds etc.

ok thanx rory ill check out at our local nursery this weekend i cant find ne at our local lighting shops

Thanx herkie ill check it out aswell

Hey typical east london useless as can be hunted all over town today and the last place i should have went to first had everything i needed got a quote as follows 4 atinic 140w with 2 double fittings and electronic ballasts 2 submersibile 50w with blue globes 12v and transformers 2 mh 150w fittings with balasts R2058 wat u okes think

A break down of exactly how much each thing is would help. Are the actinics T12 VHO?

Who had the 140W actinics? And what ballasts are they using?

atinic double fittings with electronic ballsts 5ft x2 R285-00 incl
tubes x 4 140w R750-00 voltex , i get contractors price Rowan
submersibiles are R175-00 complete with bulbs and ballasts
mh fittings and ballasts R850-00 for two

Those 5ft ballasts are they 140W? I was there a few weeks ago and they did not have anything in the 140W range.

I also get good discount from them.

They dont keep in stock at all have to order specially , yes they are 140w so im told electronic ballasts

Yes 140w special order they dont do fish tank lights but they order 4 u

Who do you speak to there?

I know Harry very well and then i just ask Tracey to do the ordering for me

I asked Tracey a while back for 140W ballasts. And she could not find. looks like I will be back there today.

....... got a quote as follows 4 atinic 140w with 2 double fittings and electronic ballasts 2 .......

Just spoke to Tracey. She cannot remember getting the electronic ballasts for you.

Do you have them already?
Do you know the make and model?
Do you know where she ordered them from?

She seems to think you were going to get 2 magnetic 75W ballasts and wire them in parallel.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom