Sponsors

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Greetings everyone.

I would just like to fill you in on how the sponsors will operate on MASA to avoid any confusion.

They will have 2 usernames, one will be their sponsor name which we will restrict to only being able to post in their respective sponsor forums, their other username will be a normal name with which they can partake in the discussion forums.

The sponsor forums are there should you need to discuss anything with them, you are not forced to support our sponsors, but we and they would appreciate any support you could give them.

excellent!!

Now thats well done!!!!
Is MASA the first to come up with this?

Cool idea Dean, will we as members be banned from pointing other members to non sponsors...ie if someone is looking for rock can I say you can get from shop ABC?

No SIMS, you are more than welcome to mention other shops, all we ask is that you don't continuously punt a particular shop post after post after post, as that may be seen as possibly advertising on behalf of another shop, our current sponsors have the privilege of advertising on our site, so we would please ask you not to continuously "advertise" other shops, BUT PLEASE...feel free to mention other shops in your casual discussions :D

We won't ban you, we'll just infractionate you :lol: just kidding, but yeah, I'm sure you get the idea. This forum is all for open discussion.

Cool idea Dean, will we as members be banned from pointing other members to non sponsors...ie if someone is looking for rock can I say you can get from shop ABC?

No you will not be banned ;)

This forum is intended to give advice and help to hobbyists in any way possible so you can mention non sponsors shops.
HOWEVER there is a line.

We will not allow commercial posting.
So what's the differenece you ask ?
If a person has commercial interest in an organisation / shop that is a non sponsor and he repeatedly punts the shop, then it's advertising and will not be allowed.
If a member feels sorry for the LFS that he deals with and wants to help the guy out by REPEATEDLY finding an excuse to punt that shops name whereever he can, it's advertising and will not be allowed

We also won't allow members to make announcements on behalf of shops when they receive shipments or new hardware etc. This is a privaledge reserved for sponsors. Again as stipulated this will ONLY be done in their own forums and not on the general discussion forum.

Again for Clarity :)

Hey that's a nice skimmer where did you get it ?

I got it from Skimmers incorporated in Dollarville.

Awesome man, how much was it ?

Take it to PM

----------------------------------------- (The line)

It cheap man, the guy has all sorts of lekker stuff
Skimmers for cheap, Good lighting for cheap, excellent livestock for cheap, the guy always gives me a good deal

Etc Etc Etc - You get where I'm going with this.

And guy's, if you ever in doubt about something then PM a Mod or Admin first and ask if it's allowed.
We want the board to remain as friendly and as beneficial as possible, at the same time affording sponsors a place to sell their products that is regulated and not a Flea Market free for all.

Cool

Yeah, looks good and some classy sponsors so far as well

Back
Top Bottom