Some softies

Reaction score
Hey mates, just thought I'd show some of my softies in my system, and maybe everyone can show some of theirs also. It's not only softies, but what the heck...

Starting with the brain... from Surgeon ZA

Brain-2.gif

Frogspawn also from Surgeon

Frogspawn-2.gif

Green Mushroom ala Hill...

GreenMushroom.gif

Star Polyps, also ala Hill...

StarPolyps.gif

Sun Coral added today - LFS

SunCoral.gif

Zoa's ala Hill

Zoa01.gif

(Looks like this should be Hill's tank, since I baugt the tank from him also...lol )

Zoa's all from Pterois...

Zoa02.gif

Zoa03.gif

Zoa05.gif

Zoas04.gif

Tank is starting to look like something, hey?

Very nice photo's Reaper, looks like your tank is coming along nicely.

I see you EL/PE boys all seem to enjoy the blue background, I don't think I have seen any of you guys with a black background :D

Thanks for showing Reaper-nice to look at and it educates me.(I dont know many coral names)

Herkie, neither do I mate, neither do I...

Viper, I was considering to remove the blue paint when I moved, but by the time I had the tank at the new place, I was too tired already. So I still wanna remove the blue background, and want to replace it with some different colour sheets, ie. blue, black, and some others too. Which colours would you think will look cool too...?

I like the blue, only thing is you can see all the dirt and algae very quickly, black is nice as it tends to bring out the colours of the fish and corals a lot more against a dark background, but I'm still a fan of the blue.

Looking very good Reaper, your corals are in really good health and showing some good colouration.

Looking very nice !!!
Dig that frogspawn and suncoral.
U know that sun corals are quite a mission, you have to target feed each polyp as far as i know! but if you have the time and patience, they are beautiful!
Speak to Tom for some advise

Sun corals :) you can feed them with a turkey baster and then cover them with a clear jar. We feed them with brine shrimp and they open when we put food into the tank for the other fish. We take them out of the tank, but it is not possible to do so in every tank so that is why I mentioned covering them in the tank, because the fishies pinch their food. Try and feed them at the same time every third day, say at 19h00. Then the coral will open the moment it senses the food in the tank.
We have t5 lights and they are not too stressed by them as well.

Nice Reaper. Also agree on the backround. Instead of removing it and potentially polluting your tank, stick a sheet of black perspex or plastic on the inside and silicone at the top. Look forward to updates

Nice Reaper. Also agree on the backround. Instead of removing it and potentially polluting your tank, stick a sheet of black perspex or plastic on the inside and silicone at the top. Look forward to updates

Gonna be a bit difficult to get a 1.5 meter perspex in the system with bracing all round and the centre... mmmm, how to bypass, I wonder

OK, didn't feed last night, waited one more night to fit the Sun coral into my usual feeding routine, and as soon as I started feeding the other corals, it started to open.

Not much, but it did open up enough to be fed:

SunCoral-AfterFeeding.gif

This was taken about 20 mins after feeding. Really nice to see it respond to the feeding.

Back
Top Bottom