SALTY'S new Nano

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thought I'd post some phots of our new nano. It's almost a month old now. So we have finally added some corals. Not much too see yet, but we are extremely chuffed.

:biggrin:

The beginning
Aquascapingwithoutwater.jpg

Today
Fulltankshot1.jpg

Our first livestock
Zoos3.jpg

Zoos2.jpg

Zoos1.jpg

RicordiaFlorida2.jpg

RicordiaFlorida1.jpg

Keep well

Oh, we'd appreciate some help with the names of the corals. I know the last two are Ricordia (sp)?

Looking really nice its always cool to get new livestock, when do you forsee putting fish in?

Good luck

The corals in the first few pics are zooanthids dont kbnow the species name there are just to many to know them all. but they are nice looking

Last edited:
If you would like to ID your zoanthids further see http://www.zoaid.com

Looking good so far. Could you take/post a full tank shot with the hood and lights on please?

Nice :) That orangy Ricordia looks like it's going to be a beauty.

Thanks everyone. Planning fish early Jan, still trying to finalise our choices. Will post full tank shot tomorrow

Looking good :thumbup:

Consider fish like Flame or Fire gobies, watchmen gobies and Oscelaris clowns. They well suited for Nano's.

Nice little tank dude, i like the little softie corals, the zoa's look good and the orange ricordia (florida ricordia?) are little beauties

Thanks. We are extremely chuffed. Can't wait to get our fish in. Will start stocking early Jan. Have read we should first get all our corals in. So now we are hunting around for a few small frags to add to the setup, then get the fish in.

Our fish list looks something like this at the moment :
1 X Firefish (goby)
1 X Citron Goby
1 X Neon Goby
1 X Flame Angel
1 X Green Chromis.

Not final yet. Hope its not too many gobies!

Very nice avdp!

Good luck. Did yoiu check if those Gobies will co-exist? Sometimes Gobies/Blennies from different species are agressive towards eachother.

Looking forward to seeing the progress!

Thanks for the advice. The firefish is purely for its looks, the citron for its looks and sandsifting, and the neon goby for its cleaning abilities. What would recommendations be? Anyone know if these will co-exist? Also, any opinions on the flame angel in the nano? Oh, I quite like the pink anthias (sp?). Would they be too big for the nano?

Thanks for the input.

anthias can be difficult to keep, they requre constant feeding, and in you nano you cannot afford to chuck too much food in, i think you should stick to the first list you made, with the possible exception of the renowned carper surfer the firefish (i had one, it hit te deck infront of me twice before it did it infront of the dog - it didn't get another chance. and that was in a 200gallon tank not a nano.

Fulltankshot2.jpg

The full tank shot requested. Not much to see yet.

Thanks for the advice. So if we leave the firefish, do you think the other 2 gobies will be ok with each other?

Thanks

I think so, i will just cross reference to make sure they are not all fussy eaters, but don't add them all at the same time.

Do you have any clean up crew in yet?

Neon goby;-
Ah, the genera Gobiosoma and Elacatinus, mainly of the western Atlantic. These sparkling black, white, and blue or gold jewels should be as common in marine aquariums as Corydoras catfishes in freshwater tanks; no, more so.
These slivers of happiness are extremely hardy and of great utility; ideal first fish for the new marine hobbyists as they will pick off parasites and dead tissue from your other fishes.

Thanks for that! That's from Fenner, isn't it?

Yip, have a clean-up crew, 1 turbo, 4 hermits and 1 peppermint shrimp.
Was thinking of an arrow crab, but heard bad stuff.

Sounds like this might be a bit problematic, the citron goby;-
The Citron Goby, also sometimes referred to as the Citrin or Clown Goby, is a small yellow fish with blue vertical lines around the eyes and gills, and a blue horizontal line along the dorsal fin.
It requires a 30 gallon or larger aquarium and prefers branched corals, often resting on them for hours at a time. It will rarely become aggressive towards other fish, but will fight with its own kind in smaller tanks. It is best if it is kept with other docile species.
It will spawn while in the aquarium, laying eggs that sink into the coral branches where they are protected, however, the young have rarely been reared successfully.
The diet of the Citron Goby should consist of a variety of brine shrimp, frozen mysid shrimp, and table shrimp. Once acclimated, some will accept frozen food preparations for carnivores. If housed in a reef tank, it needs to be fed once a day. If housed in a tank without substrate, it will require several feedings per day.

Thanks for that! That's from Fenner, isn't it?

Yip, have a clean-up crew, 1 turbo, 4 hermits and 1 peppermint shrimp.
Was thinking of an arrow crab, but heard bad stuff.

Perhaps a couple more turbo's or even nassarius snails (the latter do sand stirring for you)

Back
Top Bottom