RO waste

Heck yeah!

The higher TDS is merely an indication of CONCENTRATION of certain dissolved solids AFTER efficient PREFILTRATION, and then REJECTION by your reverse osmosis thin-film-composite membrane stage.

It is after all, TAP water , which has been filtered, processed, and had large proportions of mineral content, rejected to "WASTE".

SO, at THIS stage alone, it's BETTER than tapwater.

This Mineralised water, is the WASTE.

SO, it is not dirty/unhealthy water, but the natural tendency to call anything REDIRECTED besides the DESIRED PRODUCT water.. WASTE!

Sure, nitrite/nitrate, phospahte, silicate, some metals may make it through..but after all that is better yet, than MINERAL water.

If you have top-grade hobby testkit, why not test for the items you can!
eg. Mg, Ca, Alk, Nitrite/ate, Phosphate, Silicate.

You can THEN picture % of each of the above as part of your TDS ( in ppm)

Or else, TDS gives no clue to TOTAL of WHICH SOLIDS are DISSOLVED.

Does it have to be refrigerated to prevent bacteria growing due to the chlorine and chloramine being removed?

My family drinks RO waste exclusively. My wife is adament that it tastes better. And I could swear I have more energy since drinking the RO waste. We also use RODI water in the kettle to make coffee and tea with. The kettle also never scales. Which is an insignificant, but real plus :)

Apparently yes Viper, Bacteria grows quicker in filtered water because of the lack of chlorine, so have to be refrigerated.

i bought my RO unit directly from the waterboy (Marco) when i was in durban on holiday - he told me that RO waste was more safe then tap water and that his family drinks RO waste - sinec december, my family drinks RO waste

he also told me not to drink the pure RO as it is too pure (stripped of everything) and therefore not good for the human body.

he also told me not to drink the pure RO as it is too pure (stripped of everything) and therefore not good for the human body.

I have read this too although it has never been proven that pure water is bad for you. I read that it could just be that pure water is just not as good as any other drinking water because it contains.. well nothing but water. But then again, I have also read that if you wanted to get your RDA of calcium by drinking tap water, you'd have to drink about 120 cups of water a day or something like that.

Point is it's not worth drinking (close to) pure water as any other water contains more good stuff.

I don't know about RO tasting better because it really tastes like nothing to me... Tea made with it however does taste a lot better. That's apparently one of the "experiments" RO salespeople use... You should try putting tap water in one cup and ro water in another cup, then throwing in a teabag in each cup.

i drink waste water,and im still alive :p
got a much better taste than normal tap water.infact it tastes alot like bottled water

Back
Top Bottom