Ocellaris clownfish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Well, it seems I am chancing two Nemos once again "Sigh...". Anyways atm im trying to feed them with Omega One Garlic Flakes + Garlic Addatives in the QT but they arent eating... What else can I try feed them with?

Mike they are BRAND NEW (Been in about 6 hours). And no they are in QT on there own. Btw please dont be shy on the suggestions. I dont NOT want to lose these 2. btw parameters are all in check before everyone asks (Its a QT afterall and ive been reefing successfully for over a year, as for Nemos sigh...)

turn lights of ti minimize stress and try feeding live brine shrimps

what also works is omega first flakes;)

Give them a chance, they are new, probably slightly stressed from the move, give them a couple of days before you panic.

Storm from what i have read, its best not to even try feed fish on the first day as they generally wont eat and when they dont eat ppl start to panic. Give them some time to settle and see how things go.

Good luck with this pair hope they make it. You get them from the LFS here? I saw some this morning when i was there. They looked healthy enough although if they came out of the big tank on the right be careful i saw a few fish in there that looked a bit diseased.

The thing is Mike, this issant the first pair ive tried. Ive tried but me no matter what I do... I cant fathom why I keep losing these. Doesant matter if i introduce to reef or QT they die... Im hoping this time will be differant. I meen if I have fish in my reef that have been with me over a year + all my corals and anenomes still I must be doing something right. And Lanzo the light was off for 4 hours, now its on dimmed.

Kunhardt they came from there yes, but out of the center tank where the large purple anenomes where. And yes they looked healthy but shiz dude im going to lose it if i lose them.

oh and i forgot about brine shrimp tnx Lanzo, Ile start the hatching process now.

Are clowns the only fish you have struggled with? what other fish are in the tank? Clowns are par of the damsel and usually considered bullet proof in our tanks.

Yea Clowns are the only fish i Keep losing. Other fish I have are the Yellow Tang, Convict Tang, 2X Black Triggerfish, Cleaner Wrasse, Checkerboard Wrasse, Maroon Clownfish ect. Corals I got Leather, Frogspawn, BubbleTip Anenome, Retteri Anenome, oh and my Leather has been successfully propogated 2X. Ive had all these livestock for over a year except for the Convict Tang and 2X Triggers which have only been in the DT 2+/- months which i caught from diving this season. Again any help would be appreciated, anything at all that u can think off.

The maroon clownfish pops up as a problem, they are probably the most aggressive of the clowns and very territorial.

Yea I will be removing him from the DT if these live... Sigh the smaller one has allready started swimming slightly upwards struggling to maintain itself...

mike that is true but i have noticed that they dont do well the first few days after they land.

No dude re-read my posts, The Maroon is in the DT, they are in the QT. 2 Differant systems.

Kunhardt they came from there yes, but out of the center tank where the large purple anenomes where. And yes they looked healthy but shiz dude im going to lose it if i lose them.

oh and i forgot about brine shrimp tnx Lanzo, Ile start the hatching process now.

Ya the ones in the anemone tank looked good, i was scared u got them from the other tank. There seemed to be a few sick fish in there and a half dead moorish.

Ya the ones in the anemone tank looked good, i was scared u got them from the other tank. There seemed to be a few sick fish in there and a half dead moorish.

Yea I saw that :/. Anyways lets c if i can save these 2.

Are clowns the only fish you have struggled with? what other fish are in the tank? Clowns are par of the damsel and usually considered bullet proof in our tanks.

Mike, there seems to be constant problems with the clowns we get here. I have had the same problems as Storm and so have a lot of other ppl. I have been told by our LFS it may have to do with them coming from too sterile an environment and once coming in contact with normal tank conditions their immune systems are not strong enough to fight off disease... on the other hand i was told its because the LFS doesnt QT them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom