My 4x2x2 Reef

Reaction score
Hi All,
I upgraded to a 4x2x2 with a sump back in June. The tank is coming along nicely, so I thought I'd post some pice one here as I know how we all love pics :hehe: It’s setup with a sump for filtration. Most of the stock comes from a smaller tank I had since Jan 07. The aquarium stands on a metal frame which is covered with decorated ply wood. It also has a hood which houses the lights.
Tank specs:
Dimensions
48" x 24" x 24"/122 x 61 x 61 cm
Steel frame boarded up with pine & hood housing the lights
Volume
453 l./100 gal./120 US gal.
Fish
Yellow Tang, Fox Face, Mandarin, 2 x Clarks Clown Fish, 6 Green Chromis, Purple Firefish
Invertebrates
Peppermint Shrimp, Hermit Crabs, Snails, Mushrooms, Gorgonians, Zenia, Star Polyps, Frogspawn, Leather, Pink Hysterix, Plating Monti, Various Soft Corals
Filtration
Deltec AP600 Skimmer, Phosphate reactor, Live rock
Lighting
Fauna Marin Ultra Solaris Lights

Getting all the bits sorted - the tank in the garage:

DSC00128hb.jpg

Sump:

DSC00156hb.jpg

Filling with pre mixed salt water:

DSC00154hb.jpg

Everyone is in:

DSC00200-1.jpg

After about a month:

DSC_0658.jpg

Algae Bloom:

DSC00235.jpg

I thought that I'd go for a 'natural' look - letting the back glass pane get covered with algae:

DSC_0090.jpg

But then talking with some people about improving the look of my tank, I decided to change the sandbed & clean the back glass.

Here I'm removing the sand.

DSC00429.jpg

New sand in:

DSC00430.jpg

Settling nicely:

DSC00432.jpg

Next day:

DSC_0111copy.jpg

And the tank now

DSC_0669copy.jpg

DSC_0666copy.jpg

Wonderful Heline, you should be really proud of your tank, it shows loads of tlc

Very very very nice Seashell, Something to be proud of

WOW! Heline! Your tank has REALLY improved A LOT since I last saw the pics! I too just LOVE the gorgonians! How's things otherwise on the top end of the pond? ;-)

BTW: Heline - I just LOVE your photo-taking skills! FANTASTIC!

Last edited:
Hi Heline

You Should be taking pics of reeftanks for a living girl! Love It.

Cheers

Nice pics. Really lovely tank. Wait till Viper see those gorgonians.

stunning pics...i love those gorgonians
beautiful

Wow, love the gorgonians.:thumbup:
What do yo feed them?

As i understand it Heline feeds "supergreen" from our local LFS it is a mixture of phyto and othe micro organisms which the gorgs love - apparently - well they eat it anyway and look at the proof, non-photosynthetic corals are not easy to keep at the best of times but those ones look fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom