Load Shedding Resumes

Alan

Admin
Reaction score
General warning to everybody load shedding is set to resume today so take what ever precautions you take its back again.

General warning to everybody load shedding is set to resume today so take what ever precautions you take its back again.
Oh that's lovely, thanks Alan, great news :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

So what draws more power? A country full of aircons or a country full of heaters? Just wondering what our winter is going to be like, possibly more frequent and longer powercuts???? I mean not everybody has got aircons, but just about every household has got heaters, and a few of them too :( Now where did I put my passport?

haha :lol: , welcome to zimbabwe, i am from there , moved here , now i think i will probably move back:(

Hi Alan - I just bought 4 x AC/DC pumps from Lighty. His dad got the pumps somewhere up in Durbs. R56 each.
The most awesome thing about these air-pumps, is that they actually run on 220volt, and as soon as the power fails, they switch over th DC - they then automatically run of the re-chargeable batteries.... Until the power comes on again - then they go on 220volt, and the batteries charge!
Ingenous!

BTW: I still have my 12V bilge-pump and car battery solution... :) AND my gennie, if need be!

Jasquesb, Can I get hold of some of those pumps also. How would I do this. I'm also in Cape Town and on 1st April my power is going to be off for 11 hours for "routine" maintance on cables. And no it's not an April fools joke either.

yeah what's the make & model of those pumps, i hope the one's i'm getting from ferdie is as cool as that......

We didn't take the option where we have our own forum, so I don't hink that we are allowed to post specials. However, we have published all our specials on our site - you just have to register to view the prices

We didn't take the option where we have our own forum, so I don't hink that we are allowed to post specials. However, we have published all our specials on our site - you just have to register to view the prices

Wow, Ferdie you have some really good prices, you open on weekends ?

I'm open whenever I'm available - even in the evenings, we don't carry that much stock but you can see on the site what we do have

thanks for informing Alan.need to buy batteries for my airpumps now

Can you by any chance tell us the make and model of the pumps?

Hi Ferdie - I am sure that Brent can enlighten us (or even lIghty). I think that lIghty have posted them somewhere already, on one of the threads. I will have a look & see.

I have not received mine yet. Will be getting them this coming weekend....

Cheers mate!

My LFS mentioned that he was getting in pumps that would charge while the power is on, and only start running once the power went out.

I am thinking this might be a nice simple solution for when you not at home to swith on the gennie

Back
Top Bottom