Joe's 60 cube

Yeah glad it's going better too! Always a big stress when you see things going south and can't see why!!!

See my dilemma is that for a similar price to the Orphek light bars I can get a fully controllable hydra 26HD 2nd hand that will slot in seamlessly with my other hydras. I was hoping the aqualum were a fair bit cheaper, but if not then I will just keep my eye out for two hydras when I have money. Thanks for the information and advice :)

@brentch Haha ja it was stressful.

Sounds like a good plan. Guess it also depends how corals are shaded. Not sure if more light from the same angle will resolve majority of the shading issues?

@brentch Haha ja it was stressful.

Sounds like a good plan. Guess it also depends how corals are shaded. Not sure if more light from the same angle will resolve majority of the shading issues?
Yeah you've got a good point. If I did go this route I'd plan to use four better spread out, and at a slight angle facing inward. I would hope that this would allow for better light penetration to under the ledges and shaded areas. I'll play around with my current set up and see what I can come up with. Unfortunately I think that if I can't control those strips I will end up burning corals, and I dont have any ability to raise or lower the lights without seriously reconfiguring my light bracket. Lots to think about, but I've certainly got some great insight into what you think might work! Thanks so much :m01:

Hi,

Been a while. Things got better, just to flair up again :banghead: ICP test is in transit. Hope to have results back by next week.

Will upload some pics later :m01:

Got my ICP results. A few interesting ones.

I have some reading to do :lol: After a massive water change again.

Attachments

• Results_33626_en.pdf
    148.4 KB · Views: 41
I just love these tests...you pay R1000 or whatever it cost now a days...just for these guys to tell you to do a waterchange:m38:

True, but it also helped identify 2 problems - aluminium and molybdenum. The other items are fine, just need to start dosing Coral colours again (A and C).

No clue where the molybdenum comes from though :m28:

Costs of fixing it with just water changes are more than the test itself. I now have an idea of what to look for and attempt to fix it and then continue with 10% water changes instead of 300 liters once every 2 to 3 months to fix it. The previous time I had the same issue I used almost a full 22.5kg bucket to perform a massive water change - 100 liters every 2 or 3 days for 2 weeks.

The value of my corals far outweigh the cost of the test.

Been a while since my last post.

So never got this problem sorted. Most things are dead and what was saved is with a friend.

Currently cycling new rock.

Will post some update pics

Back
Top Bottom