ID pls

Reaction score
hi guys.
i got these from the LFS just now.
not to sure what they are...
they are about the size of a zoa and kinda look like a zoa.
but it might be small anemone's?
never seen something like this other than a bleached anemone.
either that, or i got some awesome colour zoa's!!
here are some pics.

DSC00956.jpg

DSC00957.jpg

DSC00958.jpg

DSC00959.jpg

DSC00960.jpg

pls let me know what you think it is??

I think they are bleached out zoas, give them a week or so to colour up and you should have a much better idea.

lol, sweet guys. will have a look in a few weeks time and update you. but on that note. do zoa's bleach?

Yes they do Furbz. Theu contan zoanthellae that can get expelled.
They can also loose colour if the light they under is not strong enough and go brown... The pigmnets are produced to protect the zoanthellae againt UV radiation..

Yes they do Furbz. Theu contan zoanthellae that can get expelled.
They can also loose colour if the light they under is not strong enough and go brown... The pigmnets are produced to protect the zoanthellae againt UV radiation..

but these arent brown. they have lime green tenticles on the outside with the inside being white..
i think looking at them now, one of them actually looks like it is purging itself like a nennie?

Either Majano or Jewel anemone..
I would sump it while you make sure. Don't want majano getting a foot hold in your DT..

Actually warr, I am working on my Own aptaisa scrubber in my sump...
How is your aptasia farm doing for the CB? Been a while since Ive seen anything on that..

Actually warr, I am working on my Own aptaisa scrubber in my sump...
How is your aptasia farm doing for the CB? Been a while since Ive seen anything on that..

I shut it down as my CBB got electrocuted :(

The "aiptasia" tank is now being setup for a Mantis :)

Yikes. Sorry to hear that.. How does that happen though?
I almost killed muself on the weekend..again...but my fish never seem to share the shocking experience..

The tentacles look too small to be a majano, jewel or zoa i reckon :)

And try to stick to the topic chaps ;)

they are def nemmies. one just purged itself. opened its mouth. if its a jewel anemone, will it also procreate quickly?
also how quickly?

Sorry Wee-man :whistling:

I don't think the jewels grow that fast, but don't get much bigger either..I think.
Best google them ;)

Back
Top Bottom