Hairy Crab

Reaction score
hey guys i found this hairy crab that was in the rock. its pretty big and it just ate one of my turbo snails. im guessing this thing is bad! how do i get it out?

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the turbo! Yeah, hairy crabs are bad news... Try making a trap for it by taking a tall glass and putting a small piece of shrimp, etc in the glass and placing it at an angle right by the crab against the rock. The crab will hopefully go into the glass after the shrimp and won't be able to climb out. I've used it for a little crab and managed to catsh him this way...:)

Reaction score
oh ok you saying standing theglass upright so the crab will fall in and wont be able to get out? found some other crabs but they tiny. tried to load a pic but cant seen to get it right.

Reaction score
Yes and then get them into your sump ASAP.

Reaction score
The reason for it is that you don't want to kill the crab because that is just cruel By putting it in the sump it will have the opportunity to live and not do any more damage to your tank/inmates...

Reaction score
some joes juice wil do the trick
joe juice works but it is not as good as I previously thought. it doesn't totally kill the pest and a couple of weeks later you have it budding again.

I am using the injection mention again with KALK. Insanely successful.

PS: M's Mantis, will it be cool in my nano, size wise ?

Reaction score
ja it will be fine for two years then you need to move him to your reeftank, 100 snails and a pack of shrimps to feed from

Reaction score
moer big...,mantisfreak had a "moerse een", i read somewere that a guy had one as big as a size 12 shoe(don't know if it's a peacock m)

Reaction score
thanks guys i got the crab last night! would like to load a pic to show you guys. could you explain how to upload a photo please?