External overflow box

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thinking of doing an external overflow box on a tank I'm working on. (Like attached)

If anyone is willing to share some photos of there's and how they designed/ set it up it will be appreciated :m106:

Want to do a bean animal drain if possible

Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-08-25-12-32-25~2.png
    Screenshot_2020-08-25-12-32-25~2.png
    201.9 KB · Views: 53
I have just finished off my Bean Animal overflow..Had an insert cut out the top of my back glass for water to flow into the rear mounted boxx...
You could have an internal box and an external box..There is someone that can build this for you in acrylic, like Idol Marine or ask Claundyke who built his overflow box.

My overflow looks similar to the one in your pic, just longer and has 3 holes.

I have just finished off my Bean Animal overflow..Had an insert cut out the top of my back glass for water to flow into the rear mounted boxx...
You could have an internal box and an external box..There is someone that can build this for you in acrylic, like Idol Marine or ask Claundyke who built his overflow box.

My overflow looks similar to the one in your pic, just longer and has 3 holes.
Thank you, how did you cut the insert please?

I'm thinking of doing an internal and external box. The internal side is easy. I spoke to @Baz about designing one for me but its the external part that's confusing me I'm not sure how big to make it besides that it needs to fit the bulheads.
The tank is used so I can't drill 3 holes directly into the back glass. Think its to much risk

Will contact idol marine also thank you :m106:

What size piping are you using on yours please?

Im using 40mm piping...
But i think 32mm wouldve also worked.

A friend of mine organised the glass to be cut for the overflow. Not sure of the name of the place he took it to.

Im using 40mm piping...
But i think 32mm wouldve also worked.

A friend of mine organised the glass to be cut for the overflow. Not sure of the name of the place he took it to.
Thank you, appreciated:m106:

Back
Top Bottom