Cyclop-eeze feeding quantities for Banggais

Discussion in 'Marine Fish Discussions' started by Steve Warren, 23 Nov 2008.

1. Steve Warren

Steve Warren

We (my youngest son Rogan and I) caught out 24 baby banggais and put them in a breeding net on Friday night, the seahorses might have eaten others. On Saturday morning I found the long spined urchins had tipped the net. I managed to find 23 and Rogan put them in a tank with an airpipe and heater. He lost two on the first day but the others seem fine:thumbup:. Normally we leave them in the sump but this time Rogan wants to keep them in a separate tank as we have lost some in the sump previously with sudden fright syndrome. We are feeding a pinch of cyclop-eeze premixed in tank water in a tot glass and poured into the tank four or five times a day and doing daily 50% water changes with the main tank water. We also manually splash the glass at the surface gently between feeds to wash off cyclop-eeze into the water. Are there any references on what quantities to use?
    I checked the cyclop-eeze website already but there is no suitable info there, I did see that you must keep it in the dark in the fridge or freezer after opening though.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. martin

martin Reef Adict

Baby Bangi's host in long spined sea urchents. My pair has babies all the time but I never get them out in time - difficult in a 2m reeftank. My Bangi's love cyclops and any other plankton type food so the babies I guess would too.

4. Steve Warren

Steve Warren Thread Starter

Unfortunately only one is left, I think the cyclop-eeze in an unfiltered tank was too much despite two 50% water changes a day. The one that is surviving is in the sump.
    I'll be removing the long spined urchins and make a mock one with pratleys putty and plastic toothpicks for next time.

5. martin

martin Reef Adict

Cool post pics of your immitation LSSU (Long spined sea urchin) when you done:thumbup:

Recent Posts