Cleaner shrimp sex?

Tobes

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hi guys, after the loss of my cleaner shrimp :( , I followed Anthony Calfo's advice and bought 2 cleaner shrimps :). Apparentely they spawn now and then and that is good food for the corals. My question:

1) Do you hope you got a male and female or do one of them change sex?

2) When do they start to spawn?

:wave2:

No one knows?:p

They are both male and female so put on the moonlight and let them love.

Hermaphrodites? cool.

I have seen my one shrimp had green glow in the dark little eggs (I assume?) on its stomach! Discovered it during a power outage!

They are both male and female so put on the moonlight and let them love.

I understood that, thanks - what I wasn't sure about are the lights. If you leave them on then shrimps love and pods not, if you switch them off then pods love and shrimps not. Must I give them turns?

moolights can run 24/7. it won't effect your pods. why do you want your shrimp to spawn ? u are aware the hatchlings won't survive.

great to have them spawn,the babies are food for fish and corals.my boxing shrimp is forever pregnant

moolights can run 24/7. it won't effect your pods. why do you want your shrimp to spawn ? u are aware the hatchlings won't survive.

What Mekaeel said, and Anthony Calfo also said so in his new book "Reef Invertabrates". It is good food for your corals and fish. That's why he said to get 2 shrimps rather than 1. :wave2:

Back
Top Bottom