Twenty Six Thousand litre Marine Pond !!!!!

Really really cool system that, what corals are in there if any... Gives me ideas, just think 2m deep naturally lit with basement viewing....

Waynan there is not much coral wise because of the fish that Pierre has chosen. He has tried a few different SPS species but the Angels and Butterflies destroyed them in no time.
He loves fish so opted to go with a fish only pond.

Thought as much, really a pity, as much as I love seeing fish I just love the corals more... still a very cool system.

Will try to find out from Pierre what his water parameters are. Don't think he checks for KH and CA, it's not too much of a priority for him.

What I can say is that there is no nuisance algae in the pond. The rocks have a slight covering of algae, very similar to what natural rock pools on the coast line look like. This also adds to the natural feel of the whole system. Remember he runs no chemical filtration.

i need a house with a big yard.....

Pierre might be at the meeting tonight, have invited him to join us.

Hi guys i was reading some of the comments from the begining.
The size of the pond is 9.5m long x 2.1m wide x 1.2m deep, and NO! piere dosn't take water readings very often.As for the SPS corals they dont last more than one day.

hi gents
looking good . please could you let me know where you get those heat rods, i would like to get one.
thanks
peter bee

Love the banner fishes!! And damn... now THAT is how you keep tangs. Fabulous!!

I wonder if it is at all possible to get some updates on the system.
1)Any problems that have been experienced and solved,
2)How the cat sharks are doing
3)How much RO does the system use per day
4)How is the monthly electrical bill affected
:dots::baffled:

Would be cool to get a status update on how the pond has performed and some new pics.....

I wish I could get my T5000 to make foam like that :(

Picture019.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Hi guys as you can see by the date these pics are quite old but i will try to do an update shortly.

Goodisor ,to answer some of your questions,

The only major problem thats been experianced is when the is a major downpour is to get the covers over the pond quickly enough to prevent a drop in salinaty.

As for the RO unit that runs 24/7 normaly to maintain a stable reading of 1.026.

The two cat sharks have been moved to there own tank now 3m(l) x 2m(w) x 1.4m(h)
with a multitude of other preditors

Back
Top Bottom