toppdoggs D.I.Y skimmer

hey guys just a couple of pis of skimmer in action sorry its taken so long only installed skimmer a week ago
17164aa9ff50123cc.jpg

17164aa9ff5007898.jpg

AWESOME DIY!!!!! :thumbup:

2 Questions because i have had my fair share of dropping skimmer and buying them 2nd hand.

1. What did you use to weld it. Was it PVC weld. Did you ever think of using Acrylic weld.
2. How much did it cost you to make and the time you spent?

That is an absolute gem of a DIY job - Toppdogg brilliant!!!
Looks fantastic!!!!
does the cup fill with the smelly stuff well?
How long have you been running it for now?
You should start a business - you could come in allot cheaper than the imported stuff!!! and most of the imported stuff is #@%$@

Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME DIY!!!!! :thumbup:

2 Questions because i have had my fair share of dropping skimmer and buying them 2nd hand.

1. What did you use to weld it. Was it PVC weld. Did you ever think of using Acrylic weld.
2. How much did it cost you to make and the time you spent?

it was all pvc and pvc is a thermo plastic so you can weld it acrylic is hellish expensive and it is not weldable with a hotair gun so you have to glue it and then seal it
as regards to price at the time i built it i was working for a plastics company and managed to build it out of off cuts the only thing i paid for was all the pipes and fittings which cost me a wopping R53.00 but retail prce on would be in the regin of about R800.00 if you have access to a welding gun wich costs about R7000.00 with all the nozzels so not be cost effective to build and sell at the mo

That is an absolute gem of a DIY job - Toppdogg brilliant!!!
Looks fantastic!!!!
does the cup fill with the smelly stuff well?
How long have you been running it for now?
You should start a business - you could come in allot cheaper than the imported stuff!!! and most of the imported stuff is #@%$@

Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks pugsly
it has been running for a week now not enough bioload in tank so no really smelly stuff yet but skimmate is almosy black so working well
will have to look into building and selling will keep you guys posted

Back
Top Bottom