Play sand

Experiment started at 15:30 on the 30 December 2007, room temperature 25°C

washed playsand in a glass filled with battery acid

147779cc13241a.jpg

Here you go...

Reggies playsand

Initial rinse, lots of foam and brown dirty water

A couple of rinses later and the water is clear, you can see the nice white sand

Water removed from bucket

Nice white sand

It will take a good couple of rinses to clean the sand, I used the hosepipe to stir up the sand and swish it all around, do that 4 or 5 times.

Took ages to get this clean, but looks good when done, I needed 15 washes to get clean

just a question.. does all play sand go white when u wash it alot? I saw play sand at baby boom but it was rather brown.. or should i just go to toys r us? i went to reggies in cresta and they dont have play sand

just a question.. does all play sand go white when u wash it alot? I saw play sand at baby boom but it was rather brown.. or should i just go to toys r us? i went to reggies in cresta and they dont have play sand

I also have this question, and how white does it actually become? Like white aragonite or more like crushed coral?

not pure white, but definitly not brown.

And even if the bag say its washed. It is not, wash it like 150 times, and on last wash, thereafter rinse it in RO water (if you want)

Rather get playsand at some garden centers, You will pay the same for one bag as at reggies or whatever toy shop. Difference is that the garden center bag is like 5 reggies bags - or more. Once bought a bag and had it loaded in my car boot. I could not lift it out. Too heavy. Had to open the bag in the boot and start emptying it from there.

Its white enough, but as Riaan says, rinse it thoroughly. I think it was R40 a bag, that was a few years ago

Back
Top Bottom