NP Reducing Pellets Bacterial Bloom

If the NO3 levels are <10ppm you can put in BioPellets without any problems. If your NO3 level is high at introduction, put in the pellets in steps to prevent a bacteria bloom.

Mine was lower than 5 and I still got a bacterial bloom, don't know if it was because I was still running my zeo reactor.

From what i understand your tank will go thru a mini short cycle as the bacteria start to colonize inside the reactor. You say the bloom is going away....I assume things are going back to normal again. Not sure how the zeolith media you are already running is interacting....but I would remove it...for the sake of "testing of the goods".

The problem is that my zeo is my main form of filtration and I heard the pellets take 2 weeks to start working properly. I don't want to remove all my filtration just to have my tank crash.

Interesting thread...want to add the n/p pellets to our sps stock tank, alos in a phr-100
will keep you guys posted aswell

Last edited:
From what i understand your tank will go thru a mini short cycle as the bacteria start to colonize inside the reactor. You say the bloom is going away....I assume things are going back to normal again. Not sure how the zeolith media you are already running is interacting....but I would remove it...for the sake of "testing of the goods".
what type of cycle do u expect the tank to go thru?Like a cyano/GHA breakout?

what type of cycle do u expect the tank to go thru?Like a cyano/GHA breakout?

Maj ive been reading alot on BP. Alot of people experience cyno breakouts and then they dissapear after 4 weeks +-. Alot of people have also seen GHA dissapear.

I'm ordering my media and reactor today so will let you know.

I have GHA and no cyno. So lets see what it does.

I'm currently dosing MB7 and Vodka which i havent seen much change yet besides my algae going from a dark green to light green so this might be die off. Which i've been battling with for some time.

Maj ive been reading alot on BP. Alot of people experience cyno breakouts and then they dissapear after 4 weeks +-. Alot of people have also seen GHA dissapear.

I'm ordering my media and reactor today so will let you know.

I have GHA and no cyno. So lets see what it does.

I'm currently dosing MB7 and Vodka which i havent seen much change yet besides my algae going from a dark green to light green so this might be die off. Which i've been battling with for some time.
Well im in the same predicament,i currently just went thru a bad GHA breakout and still recovering form this,so for my tank to take another hit with cyano and GHA might just be too much for my tank.

Thus abit paranoid about another cycle happening.
but my NP pellets are on its way.

Watching this thread carefully....thnks for updating Manic

I don't know if this is possible but if it is, this product is amazing. A year ago I purchased a purple monti about the size of a dinner plate, it was my first sps and it turned brown within a month. Even with running the zeo method it still stayed brown. Now that my water has cleared and I could get a good look at it. The brown is giving way to this purple glow. It seems almost too good to be true.

Here's a pic of what it used to look like, it has since almost quadrupled in size, I hope one it looks like this again:

17284a5cce2b1264f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom