First setup

You need to get hold of some live rock. The dry sandstone that you added is of very little benefit. It also explains why you aren't seeing any life in your tank, as the life needs to come from somewhere.

Thanx for the input. I will upload shortly. My tank is booming with algae. I've never ever been so happy seeing algae. I removed the old stuff with the 9 million aiptasias on them and got myself a tiny polyp (again) the size of a 50cent and then i still have the mushroom. Its way bigger now. Almost triple in size. Ive put in some live sand into my filter. Its going really well. Going away eater weekend will then try to add a BTA when i get back.

What soft corals? I want to get corals going before adding fish. Or should i add fish first? I want to add something the first week of april

It is all up to you but most guys start fish first and then when the system matures a bit more then they add corals. Research the fish you want to add first as some can be very territorial which causes problems when adding other fish later on. Also look at what is easy to keep and what are for the more seasoned reefers.

On that size aquarium ive got i figured what i want is 2 clownies, 1 yellow tail damsel, 2 fire red gobys an then 1 hermit crab and 1 or 2 snails.

Clowns are nice, Damsel one of those territorial fish so I wouldn't and 1 fire red goby as 2 will definitely fight in your setup size. As for the others it is ok. I would first add the CUC before adding any fish for a week or two.

^agree.

I'd look at two clowns, one firegoby and maybe one small peaceful fish.

Maybe a clown goby, Jawfish or yellow watchman goby.

So my fish would then be 2 clowns, 1 fire goby and 1 cardinal. CUC stil 1 crab 1 snail.

I will ad 1 fish per month but i would like to have a nice BTA before adding clownies

This is my tropical setup.

20160307_184045.jpg

Last edited:
Anemones need a tank with good lighting and stable parameters. I always say 6-9 months before you add them. But I know others have had success adding them earlier.

Better safe than sorry. What lights do you have?

Anemones need a tank with good lighting and stable parameters. I always say 6-9 months before you add them. But I know others have had success adding them earlier.

Better safe than sorry. What lights do you have?
The built in type :whistling:

Ive got no idea came standard with the tank lol

They are pretty damn bright. Hurt my eyes alot looking at them heres some normal on, normal with blue light, blue light only.
Nice FW tank. Love pearl gouramies.

I tried running live plants but getting co2 and everything is a mission as all the petshops ive been at dont cater for those types of tanks even though they sell live plants. I just switched to artificial coz pruning every 3rd day became a hassle and i needed to buy new plants weekly ending up coating me a fortune. Still love that tank though. And i change the them quarterly.

20160307_192031.jpg

20160307_192020.jpg

Yes it is. I also checked the specs in the manual but it shows nothing about the hardware. But i recon its sufficient because my polyp open up completely when the light is on and the mushroom nearly doubles in size when the light's on. When its sleepy time and i switch of the lights the polyps close up and the mushroom goes all tiny. In the manual it gives light timing for fish only lps and sps ( whatever that means)

Back
Top Bottom