Progress on my 600x600x600 cubie thus far

Reaction score
Hey reefers

Over the past 3 weeks i have been planning and building my cube. With alot of questions and advice from the forum here is my progress thus far.
Thanks to all the guys that assisted with there responses on the forum.

Please excuse the crappy pics and the state of the house. Its been a real mess.:whistling:

First the sump:
Still in the process of construction this is jus the basic pic. Still have lots more pieces to add. Will be running a dsb.

31914cc69d3631040.jpg

Here is the DT also still under progress. Have a lot to do. But hoping to get it done soon
31914cc69e4617a9d.jpg

All comments and suggestion are most welcome.

Cheers

Juss a quicky, How have you planned your overflow and return pipe?
Also you gonna have a dsb in the middle compartment?
I really dig this project, have been considering something like this too for my office!
;)

Juss a quicky, How have you planned your overflow and return pipe?
Also you gonna have a dsb in the middle compartment?
I really dig this project, have been considering something like this too for my office!
;)

Yeah i have already planned the overflow and return. Its like almost done. Just dont have a pic now. have a simple corner over flow with a approx a 50mm outlet and approx a 32mm return with 2 gate valves for each. the inlet will be from the bottom since i dont want to see any piping on the sides. Yes the dsb will be in the middle with caribsea oolite.

Cool it wil be nice for an office.

Yeah kinda sounds like what I had in mind, Pity you cant make the dsb section bigger:( Damn space costrictions!!!

Just one thing, is that the inlet plumbing on the right of the DT? looks a bit too low below the water line. have you switched return pump off to check how much water siphons back to sump?

Sorry gMan i totally misread this the last time. The inlet is quite high , pic doesnt show it clearly. I have switched the pump of and tested it and its fine.

Back
Top Bottom