TheWaterboy UV ALGAE-X, 3 in 1 reactor Redesigned and Relaunched!!!

No issues using this product with Biocubes?

Hi Marco.

Is, the UV sterilizer used in this application the UV sterilizer you PM'd me about?

This reactor is insane :) :)

Hi - do you think it will still be effective with a smaller flow pump for a nano tank, or would you not recommend going below the 1200 lph?

it will definatly work with smaller pump...infact the uv will work even better....the carbon and po4 media will not fluidise though....but if you have experiance in this trade, that is okay as nost fluidised reactors clog up and stop fluidising the media after 2 three days as the sediments get caught with the media. they still work....but not at there 100% efficiancy

HI Marco ,

interested , what will the shipping cost be to Centurion and will the standard pump be sufficient for my 600lt system.

HI Marco ,

interested , what will the shipping cost be to Centurion and will the standard pump be sufficient for my 600lt system.

hey...shipping is R 140 to centurion
and standard pump will be perfect for that size;)

the version 1 had 11watt, the new version 2 is 6watt.
we tested them on systems up to 1500 litres
jhb and pta shipping is R140

Last edited:
Looks like an awesome product, been wanting to try out UV. Is the 6 watt sufficient for a tank of about 700 litres? im assuming so.

Looks like an awesome product, been wanting to try out UV. Is the 6 watt sufficient for a tank of about 700 litres? im assuming so.

yes for sure...we run them before we decided to tune back from 11 watt to 6 watt. (every watt counts in our quest to save money on electricity)
we have given them a rating up to 1500 litres

remember there effeciany is greatly increased by the clarity of the water after the maxizorb carbon and the phostop.

there rating cannot be assesd by green pond water as most uv lights are rated with

Last edited:
Just a quick question,
Would this not wipe out all the good bacteria if we are running bio cubes or pellet reactors?

Just a quick question,
Would this not wipe out all the good bacteria if we are running bio cubes or pellet reactors?
pellets yes as the abrasion causes the bacteria to leave the reactor, cubes no as the bacteria is in the cubes porous structure.

i run UV and cubes on all my tanks

Last edited:
Just a quick question,

cubes not, pellets ....run uv with 12 hours on, 12 hours off (id run the uv system that way anyway)

pellets yes as the abrasion causes the bacteria to leave the reactor, cubes no as the bacteria is in the cubes porous structure.

i run UV and cubes on all my tanks

shotto;)

Back
Top Bottom