Sean's Concrete tank Photos

Was supposed to be bigger but between the wife and glass company, it became smaller. I even built a 3000lt trailer with a Jo Jo tank on top to collect water, wasted a lot of money

No you did not....you got a friend close by who could use the extra capacity :lol:

151020071659.jpg
What the hell is that? Did you break off the tip of Mount Everest or what?

What the hell is that? Did you break off the tip of Mount Everest or what?
I have no idea as to what it is. Went to the same place last week and moved this tank for the new member in the area. Now I have this friend building a 3000l monstrosity!!! If I recover enough by christmas I will keep you updated. Untill then I dont know.
By the way-Who fishes with that tub in the background?

Wow Sean - that's one mean looking "dead' coral head (or is it "stone-age sand"??) ;-)

It's going to make a REALLY COOL centre piece in your tank, if this is what you planning to do with it....

BTW: the design of your new tank is really starting to look good (if we can judge by the concrete work going on.....

BTW: how much support is underneath the concrete work to support the weight of the tank?
Also, are you going to install "just the front glass" or is this tank going to be glass "all-round" (inside the concrete work? - perhaps stupid question)..... Are you going to fiber-glass the inside of the concrete work then? Or what are you planning?

Sorry for the 100 questions - I would just like to get to understand what/how you are planning with this new aquarium....

Also, where's your new engine room going to be?

Thank you all for the comments thus far, but most of your questions (Jacques) will be answered shortly by means of photos as well as full specs. Only one viewing Panel.

Damn, this is going to be one schweeeeeeet system, keep us posted.

Thank you all for the comments thus far, but most of your questions (Jacques) will be answered shortly by means of photos as well as full specs. Only one viewing Panel.

Many thanks, Sean.... can't wait!

Looking really good Sean!

(Don't suppose you fancy building another??? in Henley on Klip maybe???? i wish i wish i wish!)

Good Luck!

Some updated pics:

concretetank.jpg

And one from the corner of the Tv Room:

concretetank20.jpg

concretetank21.jpg

Unfortunately the existing tank is in front of the new tank and it is not easy to take a full frontal, unless I stand on a chair, pressing the cellphone to the ceiling:

241020071792.jpg

There will be a opening on top of the tank and it will be cladded with the same wood as the kitchen cupboard to "Blend" in as well as acting as a communication area between the person behind the tank (the wife) and the guy in front of the tank (Myself)- shouting " to the left or to the right!!!!" regarding Coral placement

I spoke to Andrew today and everything is still going according to plan. Am hoping to do the fibreglass tomorrow as well as the plastering of the walls.

wow awesome dude!!! :drool5:

quick question, how do you seal the front glass in the concrete?

cheers! :)

Holy Smokes !!!!!!! - You got big Kahuna's dude, the papers would have been served already if that was me.

Good luck with the rest of the setup.

Back
Top Bottom