On my way!!

thats were i got mine from ass well i collect it right at the top off the Beach were you are not allowed to drive any further.I took a s/steel box 200l and scoop of the top layer of sand in the waves on Lowe water then fill the tank with sea water it kept all the critters alive.

There is a difference in a drinking water RO and a marine water RO.

Can anyone elaborate?

Allow me :)

They are the same, except for two issues:

1. The drinking water RO filter usually has a final stage (small diameter "filter") which adds "minerals" back to the filtered water. This is not good for Marines, but it is very easy to remove this last unit, so this is not really a problem.

2. Many drinking water RO units have a "KDF" pre-filter, instead of the "carbon block" prefilter which should be used with a marine system. The KDF filter actually removes the chlorine from the water more effectively than the carbon block, but it consists of a mixture of copper and tin (I think???) filings, both of which are pretty lethal to marine organisms. Even though the RO membrane will remove (say) 95% of this copper, the remaining 5% would increase (build up) over time in the tank, and will eventually reach a lethal level, just when your corals are really starting to do well.

So, just replace the KDF with a carbon block, and remove the mineral supplement unit, and you should be A-OK.

Hennie

Back
Top Bottom