New beginnings

More than enough, how wide is your tank, left to right, they will cover a 4ft tank with ease?

1mx1mx500, I will be running the pendant from corner to corner as it is 1.2m, so I will have two LR outcrops under each light so the fish kinda have like a figure 8 swimming area.

Ah ok, so the light will be sitting diagonally over the tank, should be cool. With your tank being a semi-cube, you may find the outer corners a bit dark, a MH is generally considered to cover a 2 foot square area (60cm x 60cm), if so then a couple of extra T5's will do the trick.

Ah ok, so the light will be sitting diagonally over the tank, should be cool. With your tank being a semi-cube, you may find the outer corners a bit dark, a MH is generally considered to cover a 2 foot square area (60cm x 60cm), if so then a couple of extra T5's will do the trick.

Thx for the info!!

Update + sad news

Hi Guys
Time for an update, so very sad news first, my eels all died a couple of weeks ago, Niger, Humbug and yellow tailed Damsel.....very sad about it, almost pulled out of the hobby.....but no hard feelings, these things happen.
Positive side is my softies fully recovered and are splitting and are looking better than they ever did.I can now also do more of a "standard" tank with no predators, gives me more options.

So I have finally filled the tank with synthetic SW and NSW 50/50, it has been running for a couple of weeks now.
I have a QT tank running with LR, softies macro's, 10 Chromis and two wrasse. I have been "swapping" large quantities of water between the two, and dosed loads of Bacteria and cycle is in full swing....well no spikes yet.

I purchased 160kg of "Filla Dust", been washing all morning damn stuff takes aaaggggeeess to get clean, but looks AWESOME!
Tank is now milky, will probably extend my cycle by another 3 weeks or so just to be safe and do 80% water change with NSW a week before stocking.
Will post pic's later this evening

Hi Guys
Here are some updated ...but old pics..

DSCN0580.jpg

DSCN0629.jpg

DSCN0594.jpg

DSCN0595.jpg

DSCN0617.jpg

5 days after nennie went in
DSCN0684.jpg

DSCN0674.jpg

It has since doubled in size, it is hosted by a porcelain crab and True percula clown.

Wilbur
DSCN0623.jpg

DSCN0661.jpg

DSCN0682.jpg

DSCN0666.jpg

This one was dead when I bought it..........recovering nicely, it has since turned green and has no visible skeleton.

DSCN0589.jpg

Back
Top Bottom