New beginnings

Rather be safer. I wouldnt accept that tank.

Thank you so much for the reply, problem is I already have the tank at my home and I have paid for it, the LFS did say they guarantee their tanks so I am hoping they will take it back and fix it.

So here is a update, LFS is picking up tank on Saturday to rebuild it.

Kinda painful as I was supposed to be halfway through my cycle by now.
I reckon it is for the best.

go and look at the tank before they deliver again, you can then point out problems right there, and don't accept if your not happy, this box will be heavy and you have to be sure.

I can't quite make out from your photo, but some of your live rock looks almost like worm rock? If it is, that would be a possible source of your algea worries.

Very possible, the worm rock has been in my tanks since my nano, only had algae problems for the last couple of months.
I am going to get rid of it anyway as there is nothing better than LR.
Your input is much appreciated.

go and look at the tank before they deliver again, you can then point out problems right there, and don't accept if your not happy, this box will be heavy and you have to be sure.

This time I will make 100% sure, and I will make sure they do a water test first.

DSCN0381.jpg

DSCN0382.jpg

DSCN0387.jpg

The skimmer is AWESOME!!!Wat brand skimmer is it bro????
In deed looks stunning, should do the job.....

Hiya Guys

Happy new year guys!!

So I got the tank back yesterday.....all polished and looking snazzy.

All corners are perfectly straight, corners are polished and not even a single bubble in the silicone..........BUT.....the damn overflow box is leaking....all I can do is lol.
LFS is sending someone out tomorrow hopefully to sort it out....gotta drain the damn thing, luckily only filled it up 1/4 way with freshwater.

But yeah high hopes :thumbup:

OK so now ....decisions, decisions.....Thin layer of sand in the DT, Bare bottom or DT with DSB....I will also be running 1 or 2 RDSB's one with Macro's (fuge)....possibly mangroves.

Any suggestions, any one have input ....if you could re-do your tank what would you choose Bare bottom,Thin layer or DT with DSB.

I have 140Kilos of fine play sand waiting to be used

Wife has decided to give up FW tank for now (Got her a puppy....;)....:whistling:) so I have a second tank, thinking of using it as a massive Fuge or none predator tank, it will share the Predator tanks sump and filtration, ATS, Skimmers Fuge and DSB's.

Last edited:
I like a shallow sand bed, 2 or 3 cm's deep, you get so much worm, snail and pod activity in a sand bed, plus it allows you to keep other types of creatures that require sand beds to survive, plus it acts as a sort of cushion/stabiliser for your live rock, plus it just looks nice. :)

I like a shallow sand bed, 2 or 3 cm's deep, you get so much worm, snail and pod activity in a sand bed, plus it allows you to keep other types of creatures that require sand beds to survive, plus it acts as a sort of cushion/stabiliser for your live rock, plus it just looks nice. :)

Yeah the eels do like to dig....thinking of adding a milk crate in the centre and cutting out lots of big holes, then stacking it full of LR...will also give the eels a nice big cave.

Will also give a nice island affect with loads of swimming space around it.

Does anyone have a method for cleaning sugar-fine sand without wasting a "ton" of water?
I have 140 kilos of unwashed play sand, it took 80liters+ of water to clean about 6 kilo's, there must be a better way?

HI Guys

Will 2x 150W MH be enough light for my tank?
It is only 50cm deep, I will mostly be keeping softies.

More than enough, how wide is your tank, left to right, they will cover a 4ft tank with ease?

Back
Top Bottom