Just been load shedded!

just heard Azure aquatics recieved a shipment on friday and they had a 3 day power cut and lost everything

The news gets better and better, just heard true or not i don't know, the production on the power plants is coming to a halt because of availability of funds and the rand dollar exchange rate. I know most of us are thinking of our tanks at the moment but the consequences on the economy is going to be really serious.

I have also heard of that alan! we all so worried about our systems but in the big picture they mean absolutley nothing

Alan - the problem is that not even the government are worrying about the economy at the moment. How the heck can Tito Mboweni think of raising interest rates when the SA economy is at a verge of total break-down? Taking into account that MANY companies are currently suffering due to increased interest rates (they too borrow money to run their businesses), increased diesel prices, increased labour rates (look at last year and 2006 - all over just strikes strikes strikes), and now lost of income due power-failures, increased power-cost/electricity cost.....

The man on the street has far less spending power all of a sudden, and are not spending money in the shops anymore. Very few cars are being sold, houses being sold - and these markets are also starting to crash (vehicle sales down nearly two percent month-on-month, property sales down nearly two percent month-on-month, total December spend (in shopping malls) are down nearly 10%!)....

And Eskom wants to have more and more electricity "rolling black-outs"!

While the big companies and government offices are NOT impacted at all!

BTW: Calvin - I am sorry to hear about the losses at Azure Aquatics - that's must have been TERRIBLE - I can just think how my heart will sink to see all those fish and corals/anemone's dead!

Warr - Just an interesting fact - ALL THIS TIME OF LOAD-SHEDDING, CAPE TOWN CBD HAS NEVER LOST ELECTRICITY!

Do you know why - because the government offices are located here!

I know its terrible hey!! all that effort catching quarintene ,packing and flying to die in a power faliure

so the CBD is the place to be them

Yeah - unfortunately I cannot "JUST MOVE", and to find a place to live over here - DIFFICULT! (And bloody expensive!) - a tiny flat (rent wise) goes for R3800 - R4500 per month (and I won't even be able to fit HALVE of my stuff into this flat then - then I have to get rid of my 2 metre tank, because it won't fit! ;-)

I see one of the trade unons eventually has called on eskom to clarify how much electricity they are still providing Zim and Namibia and at what price. The union also wanted to know if these countries have had load shedding.The unions seem to be the only ones who they respond to. Maybe a good thing.

Another good thing is that the National Protector is also asking Escom wto explain what is going on and if they cannot give a reasonable explanation, an official inquiry is going to be launched.

Another good thing is that the National Protector is also asking Escom wto explain what is going on and if they cannot give a reasonable explanation, an official inquiry is going to be launched.

All of which means the government will spend millions (of your money) on an enquiry that will end inconclusively after many years, they will then fine Escom, who in turn will have to increase the cost (to you) so as usual, the general public will get shafted by the big guns and nothing, i repeat, nothing will come of it.

Or am i just being synical:whistling:

No Wee-Man, it almost looks as if you have been living in SA. You are actually correct in your assumption

Where do you think the SA gov't get their rotten ideas from? i live in the home of the oldest form of Gov't - they've been doing it to us for much longer:(

All of which means the government will spend millions (of your money) on an enquiry that will end inconclusively after many years, they will then fine Escom, who in turn will have to increase the cost (to you) so as usual, the general public will get shafted by the big guns and nothing, i repeat, nothing will come of it.

Or am i just being synical:whistling:
You must have African roots.

Got load shedded twice yesterday. Once from 05:45 to 06:45 then again from 16:00 to 18:30. I love SA..... NOT

i installed i 6.5kw genny with a toggle switch between main and genny, now when the power goes out i just start the genny and my tanks and lights (house) keeps going.
Doesn't look like there is going to be a solution in the near future. think we will have to get used to this.

Back
Top Bottom