Help Nitrite, Nitrate and Ammonia levels are slightly high

Do you guys care for a little long-term wager? :biggrin:

Nah, the exchange rate is rubbish, it would cost more to post me my winnings:razz:

But don't get mixed up between "can" keep a nem and "should" keep a nem it may do well enough to survive in a small tank, but not as well as it will in a tank big enough to grow proplerly in, i've seen bubble tips reach 2ft (600mm) across, and it didn't seem to take long to get from "nice little nem" to "bloody great thing is stinging all my corals":whistling:

But don't get mixed up between "can" keep a nem and "should" keep a nem it may do well enough to survive in a small tank, but not as well as it will in a tank big enough to grow proplerly in...

Not getting mixed up, hence my wager request :)

I dislike generalisations like that. Small tank does not necessarily mean unstable. I also don't understand what the size has to do with its growing space. Sure, once the nennie starts to sting your corals you will move it/sell it whatever. But until such time, how could it "survive" less well than in a big tank?

Not getting mixed up, hence my wager request :)

I dislike generalisations like that. Small tank does not necessarily mean unstable. I also don't understand what the size has to do with its growing space. Sure, once the nennie starts to sting your corals you will move it/sell it whatever. But until such time, how could it "survive" less well than in a big tank?

I'm not saying it can't or won't survive, if you were locked in a box 10ft by 6ft you would survive, you might not like it that much though, i do accept that it will be well cared for, and if you took my argument to the Nth degree then they should all be left in the sea, i just try to give as much thought to how small or large an area a creature needs to happily survive rather than just survive.

But i would argue that a small tank may not be unstable but it is right on the fine line between good and fish soup at any time, should one of your fish even die of old age, then the stability of a nano is threatened to near death, in a 2m tank, i doubt the ammonia would even show up.

Just my opinion Gali, if you can show me a healthy nem, i'm happy;)

Back
Top Bottom