Gman's 1000L Starfire

Howzit bhai. Hows the vertex lights? In yet? Do you still need xenia. Have a 20 cm rock full if you want.

Your new tank is looking awesome, Greg! You need to post updated pics for this month!
:thumbup:

Howzit bhai. Hows the vertex lights? In yet? Do you still need xenia. Have a 20 cm rock full if you want.
Slmz @Seedat, Vertex in, got an SR200 1200mm thanks to @Nippy, awesome lights, on the xenia, I managed to get some on my trip to Durb's thanks to @Smithers.

Your new tank is looking awesome, Greg! You need to post updated pics for this month!
:thumbup:

Will post pics soon, just dealing with red hair algae, cloudy water, overflow leaks, you know, the usual in our hobby :tt2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Some pic's

FTS with the Vertex, have it sitting on the tank, gonna suspend when i have some time..
Water still cloudy, started 2 days back when I hooked up Phos & carbon reactor, planning on a 200L water change this weekend...

Sweet Lime green almost yellow zoa's I picked up yesterday...

2 colour Blasto

Brain..

Back wall, stuck on a plating monti and some branching monti in the hopes that they will grow out there. If it is successful, will be glueing on some zoo's as well.

Last edited:
Looking real good. I would rather take the plating monti off the wall. Once it gets bigger it will fall off due to the weight. Rather start with the zoas that you know will grow there.

Looking real good. I would rather take the plating monti off the wall. Once it gets bigger it will fall off due to the weight. Rather start with the zoas that you know will grow there.
Thanks Marius, will take that advice.

howzit Greg, congrats buddy, looking real good, tank taking shape, BTW did you get that brain from idol.?
Thanks Russel, yep, got the brain from Idol. Your frags are still waiting for you...

I went looking for that Brain, so luis said someone already bought it, thats one beauty you have there, thanks buddy, will make a plan over the weekend to pickup if thats okay with you.

I went looking for that Brain, so luis said someone already bought it, thats one beauty you have there, thanks buddy, will make a plan over the weekend to pickup if thats okay with you.

Lol, I called to book the day they posted it. No problem for this weekend, just let me know when you're on your way :thumbup:

Looks great! Love the brain's colour under the lights!

@gMAN, is there a build thread to this tank, by any chance? I'd love to see how your return/overflow works.

Btw, good looking tank. :thumbup:

@gMAN, is there a build thread to this tank, by any chance? I'd love to see how your return/overflow works.

Btw, good looking tank. :thumbup:

Howzit bud, unfortunately there isn't a build thread, bought the tank as is. I will try take a few pic's of the return & overflow this weekend if that helps?

Howzit bud, unfortunately there isn't a build thread, bought the tank as is. I will try take a few pic's of the return & overflow this weekend if that helps?

Would definitely appreciate that - it looks incredibly neat and professional.

I'm actually a bit jealous. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom