Urgent help needed bubble problem

Reaction score
my white bubble coral has sterted getting brown blotches on it, it still seems to be fine, opens up nicely. is this something i need to worry about and how can i get the coral white again?

my white bubble coral has sterted getting brown blotches on it, it still seems to be fine, opens up nicely. is this something i need to worry about and how can i get the coral white again?
Does it look like this...? If it is then it's Flatworms.....
rust-brown-flatworms.gif

http://saltwateraquariumadviceblog.c...rown-flatworms
Quote:
Rust Brown Flatworm
The first and most common type of flatworm can become a nuisance quickly in the home aquarium. These organisms are tan, brown or rust colored with a red dot, and reach a size of up to 1/4" in length. They are oval and slightly elongated with two tail-like appendages at their posterior. This brown flatworm has been identified as Convolutriloba retrogemma, and will proliferate rapidly in aquariums with elevated nutrient levels. The populations of these pests can increase to a point where they will actually perch on corals, and block the light from reaching the corals' tissue. Some experts believe that the flatworms actually feed on the zooxanthellae from coral tissue, thus damaging the corals themselves.
Pests Invading the Reef Aquarium Hobby: Part 2 - Flatworms, Snails & Limpets
FltwmID

I don't know if this is the same...maybe you can spot it...on one of the Sites...?:blush:...Hope they help...
How To Get Rid Of Coral-Terrorising Flatworms In Your Tank « Saltwater Aquarium Advice Blog
Help! Rust Brown Flatworm! - UltimateReef.com

You can go "natural" or get Flatworm Exit...
What is this on my Mushrooms? - Marine Aquariums of South Africa

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom