Adee's v2

Thanks guys. Michael, macro shots a huge fascination for me....need to get a proper macro lens (affordable) though. I tend to reserve my reviews until I've taken the plunge myself...so still very much early days...winters coming, need to put some light over my DT again, so watch this space ;).

It has arrived!

DSC04987.jpg

So winter is here...time to unleash new puppies...(that were in the box)

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

Last afternoon of just plain old sunlight, now I can enjoy my tank everyday till late in the evening. The 18K combination will be a color tweak in terms of the spectral range not offered by sunlight. I'm impressed with the light spread, very little wastage of light. Though some corals are shadowed, thats because my 2m x 1m wide tank is almost full (length and breadth) with SPS growth. And no, I'm not allowed to upgrade again to a bigger tank.

DSC_0066.jpg

All pics that follow are from the 1st night under LED's....these will be my baseline in terms of monitoring SPS color changes.

DSC_0160.jpg

DSC_0177.jpg

DSC_0252.jpg

DSC_0250.jpg

DSC_0221.jpg

DSC_0218.jpg

DSC_0209.jpg

looks awesome!

those the new canons?

i love the contrast of the struggling pot plant above the tank and the explosion of growth on the sps, so many have it the other way around!

can corals get anymore colourful? going to get insane growth, just read up on those DIF units, did you leave the 90 lenses on?

@Adee where did you buy the lights and how much did you pay for it cause they look wicked. I ordered some LED's as well still waiting for them to arrive but these really look good. I am busy building a 1,8m x 1,2m beast lol. Can't wait for it to be set up and running. BTW your tank is looking out of this world well done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, these lights are awesome. I'm impressed by the little amount of light wastage, the 90 degree lense are a perfect match for my 1m breadth set up.
@crispin, that be my curry leaf tree....been looking after it for close to 2 years now. I'm no Mr Miyagi...lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom