Zeovit

so basically,we can use zeomag and aragonite in a calcium reactor without using the entire zeo range ivan?can we use 50% of each in the reactor?

Mekaeel, The ZEO magnesium is just a brand name, has nothing to do with the ZEO system.
They recomend 20% Magnesium - 80% calcium carbonate.

Sorry i think its 10% to 90%, anyway it does tell you on the PKT and works extreemly well.

Sorry i dont, i have an idea around the R85.00 per bag but really not sure.

I've read on the ZEOvit site that you need not use LR?
what would the cost per month be to run a 250l tank using 100% ZEOvit system?

jpg29. Contact George from Tunze for Zeolites. Im currently using his stuff, and it works well! Well LR is important in any system. That is the heart of biological filtration IMO.

thanx...

this is a extract from the NZ Zeovit site:

"The ZEOvit method can be successfully used with bare-bottom (BB), shallow sand bed (SSB), deep sand bed (DSB), and Berlin-style system designs. The use of live rock (LR) is not required. UV sterilizers, ozonizers, and nutrient exporting macroalgae refugia are not compatible with the ZEOvit method."

what do you think... does the ZEOvit product 'ZEObak' and 'ZEOfood' etc. have all the bacteria/Microorganisms required for a successful reef?

For a safe alternative on nutrient reduction use Prodibio. It's bacteria which consume nitrates and phosphates and other nasties and the food to feed them. I have no DSB or denitrifier and have zero nitrates and phosphates. You can order them online and they are infinately cheaper than Zeovit

what do you think... does the ZEOvit product 'ZEObak' and 'ZEOfood' etc. have all the bacteria/Microorganisms required for a successful reef?
Correct! The Zeolits, hold the bacteria and every time it is flushed, it releases bacteria into the tank.
Zeobac is the actual bacteria food that you feed your system
Zeofood7 is food for bacteria and corals.
Zeo start is also food for your bacteria aswell as your carbon soure.

For a safe alternative on nutrient reduction use Prodibio. It's bacteria which consume nitrates and phosphates and other nasties and the food to feed them. I have no DSB or denitrifier and have zero nitrates and phosphates. You can order them online and they are infinately cheaper than Zeovit

Yeah, going be trying out the BioDigest and BioTim.

What products do you use ?

I've read on the ZEOvit site that you need not use LR?
There are many permutations and compromises for the perfect captive Reef. However i do not believe that live rock and likewise skimming should ever be one of them. Live rock inoculates your tank with micro fauna and bacteria that offer a happier home for so many more inverts, not to mention temperamental fish, that ceramic rock could never substitute.

And just to possibly encourage debate, I am not convinced about the benefits of the long term use of Zeo Bac.

As for the cost of Zeo for a 250l tank...i would guess under R75/mnth running the basics.

Back
Top Bottom