Urgent help needed Wrasse sick

Reaction score
HI i'm very worried about my Wrasse, there has been no previous signs of him being sick however this morning he was looking very week and just laying in a corner of the tank. He is usually a great eater and last night once again he ate nicely.

his scales looked a bit weird,

we did a water change over the weekend, and checked water using a test strip this morning and everything was right, but will use the red sea kit tonight to double check.

all other fish looking fine, though Dory didn't come out but this could be because the lights are usually out at this time.

also added in a red flame last week which hasn't been seen since i added him in.

please help.

IMG_0882[1].jpg

What test strip did you use and what did you test?
Also how long has the wrasse been in the tank and what other tank mates does he have?

@Zandy
i'm not too sure of the name of the test strip but i do think it was the tetra one, its in a yellow tube.

the wrasse we've had for about a year, and never had any issues with him apart from him being greedy at feeding time.

we've got some clowns, chromis, regal tang, yellow tang, other wrasses, antitheses, few shrimps, hermit crabs, an urchin.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's really difficult to say as the pic is not very clear. It could be one of 100 things. The fact that the other fish and inverts are ok points me to the fact that perhaps your wrasse has become sick, and it's not related to the water...else there would have been more livestock affected. Holding thumbs for your fishy.

Could it be old age or something like that, i doubt it is gonna survive till we get home from work. but fingers crossed as it was a beautiful fish. i will try and post other pictures if possible tonight.

thanks

i would suggest investing in a test kit nitrate and phospate and ammonia.. test strips are not accurate unless you want to test ph

Hi all. Luckily the wrasse is back to normal. Absolutely no signs that he was Eva sick.

We have proper test kits but only use if the test strip show something fishy

Back
Top Bottom