White Spot Treatment Ideas

Yes I did to 27c. I've heard conflicting stories though. Some say it gives the parasite an advantage in that it speeds up the reproduction process.

PS : My powder brown is fine again - I dont think I have a white spot problem - Its to off and on to be true..

Saltwater ich encysts and becomes dormant when the temperature increases which could be why your tang got it after being QT'd. The misconception comes from freshwater where one will increase the temp to speed up the lifecycle but these are two different sicknesses

Could someone please explain why you would use myxazin in the food? this baffles me as it is only effective at killing the free swimming stages in the water plus its main ingredients are malachite green and formaldehyde based? It isnt a medicine for adding to food.

Chloroquine phosphate, Quinine sulphate, metronidazole those are medications to add to food for white spot

Could someone please explain why you would use myxazin in the food? this baffles me as it is only effective at killing the free swimming stages in the water plus its main ingredients are malachite green and formaldehyde based? It isnt a medicine for adding to food.

Chloroquine phosphate, Quinine sulphate, metronidazole those are medications to add to food for white spot

I did not want to dose any medication so I resorted to soaking food in myxazin. I have no conlusive evidence that it was what cured the deasease or if some other enviomental factor did. What I can say is that it worked for me - Or least i think so.

All logic suggests otherwise though.

Chloroquine phosphate is used for ich and amylodinium as well as quinine sulphate. Metronidazole is used for internal parasites like hexamita. It's used as a dewormer in dogs and humans. You can soak the food in chloroquine phosphate as the med is absorbed into the blood stream whihc the parasite feeds off beofre falling off the host

Back
Top Bottom