which skimmer to choose

IG

Reaction score
hi i have been a marine hobiest since the age of 13 I am not a novice but still have a lot to learn . i am in quite the delema of what to purchase the extreme 259 model from reef octopus or the deltec 72 or 71 (im not sure wich one it is but the bigger of the two) if any one could help that would be great.

IG, i am a huge Deltec fan, not only from the personal experience ive had, but from what others have said. They really are fantastic skimmers.

but then I havent personally used a reef ocopus, but again going on what others have said, id go with the deltec for my vote

I've used both skimmers in the past and they are both great. My only beef with the Deltec is the back up service when things go wrong. My Aquabee pump packed up and I had to buy another skimmer because I could not get a spare. The pump arrived after five months of waiting

Welcome to MASA!!

A VERY WARM WELCOME to MASA, AG! Great to have you on-board! Awesome that you have found the forum, and joined MASA!

I bought myself the Bubble Magus BM-260. The skimmer is an external skimmer, with 2 x recirculating AquaBee 2000/l pumps on the skimmer. It's a beast! I have +-870 litres of total water volume, and the skimmer used up +-30 litres of water the first time I filled it up!

ALL of my corals and my fish are SUPER happy, after I upgraded, from 2 x ReefTek TS2's (each rated at 750 litre) to the external Bubble Magus. The AquaBee pumps has pin-wheel impellers..... and the air that is drawn in, is chopped up in to micrometre sized bubbles! I am very happy with this skimmer.

IMO deltec is the way to go they have sorted out the issues with the aquabee pumps and you are comparing a TATA to a Toyota

IMO deltec is the way to go they have sorted out the issues with the aquabee pumps and you are comparing a TATA to a Toyota

i think the RO bubble blaster is the Bugati of all skimmmers;)

both makes are really good skimmers....difficult to chose but if it was me....i would have gone for RO

hi i have been a marine hobiest since the age of 13 I am not a novice but still have a lot to learn . i am in quite the delema of what to purchase the extreme 259 model from reef octopus or the deltec 72 or 71 (im not sure wich one it is but the bigger of the two) if any one could help that would be great.
welcome, first tell us more bout your system?

LOL, quite a first post, welcome IG. Personally i would go RO never had a problem with mine.

LOL, quite a first post, welcome IG. Personally i would go RO never had a problem with mine.
:stupid:
I own a DNW 200 and a DNW 300. Both are excellent skimmers and I have no regrets :)

The Deltec skimmers are brilliant and I only replaced it because I couldn't get spares which is what I want the guys to be aware of. Hopefully the importers have jacked up their service or there is someone else bringing them in? If you're not worried about price go for the Deltec, however, if you're a bit price sensitive go for the RO as they work well and are good value for your money

Back
Top Bottom