tang compatibility

Reaction score
Good day all.

I have a 600l tank. Currently have maroon clown, one spot fox face and a PB.
I am looking to get some more life stock. Want to get some more tang species. Can anyone help me? Would these fish be compatible or would I just make a mess to put them together? View attachment 128964

Thanx
Theo View attachment 128965

theo there are lots of fish that would go well with those you have already, but you need to look online and do some research into the fish you like and whats avaialble in SA. If i were you id go to a good LFS, and see what fish that have that you like. then get the name of that fish and go home to research (this is WAY preferable over asking the lfs and you can plan your tank like u want it, not what they want to sell you!). then go back to get the fish that you want in a reccomended stocking order. I know its a pain planning a tank and resisting impulse buying but it realy makes life easier in your tank later.

you can have a look at a number of tangs though, scopas, convict, regal, sailfin, yellow, blond naso, naso are all good fish to add to that sized tank. Note im just pulling some names off the top of my head, there are lots more you could add to that list.

you could also look at an algae blennie (great vallue for money and awesum to watch even if he is a little ugly), midas blennie, gobies, dwarf angles, chromis etc. Lots of choices.....so go find the fish you like the look of and research that fish, then go back to get it.

i say go look at a lfs rather than hunting pics on google as the true life colours are ofetn different from photoshop and you can get a better idea of the shape, behavior and requirements of a fish when u see it yourself:), but having a look at id data bases online will also give you good ideas.

your PB is going to go insane when you add other tangs and although white spot free now ( i assume ) the chances of him/her going spotty when new tangs are introduced is very high, just my 2 cents but i would look at other fish as suggested by Crispin.

If you want more tangs, either sell or loan him to someone in the mean time.. PB are aggressive and should be added last. Remember to quarantine all fish before adding them to the DT

Thanx for all the good advice you guys. I will put my PB in another tank until I've added all the other fish. Like many of us this hobby i've learned on the hard way about a QT, no way i'll do that again... :blush: I had a bunch of fish including a yellow tang, regal, blonde naso, one spot foxface, algea blenny, pajama cardinals, orange spot goby and maroon clown. then added a PB....he had velvet, complete tank crash.....:eek: So defnitly learned my lesson, taking it slow this time... impulsive buying is out, putting in alot more reading, learning and planning...

thanx again for the advise and tips. appreciate:thumbup:

Yeah lol.. You must just take it for granted that when you buy a fish, that the shop or owner knows nothing about the fish and that its diseased. Best to just do your own research so you know what to expect and the compatibility.. then quarantine it, treat it with a dewormer and for external parasites just to be safe

Back
Top Bottom