Reef Octopus bio pellet reactor br - 110

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Need some advice please. My Nitrate level in my tank has risen from 10mg to 50mg in a space of 2 months. I added a br-110 pellet reactor about 2 weeks ago. The level hasn't gone any higher than 50mg, but it hasn't gone down either. I'm using a 2100Lph pump. It moves the pellets, should i be using a stronger pump? What else can i do to bring the nitrate level down?

Orca bio cubes... Jungle Aquatics sells them...

Based on personal experience though I would say definitely make use of an airstone with them; don't think that the flow coming from your overflow (for instance) is enough flow...
@dallasg helped me when I setup/had problems with my cubes with some great advice...

Last edited by a moderator:
I added a br-110 pellet reactor about 2 weeks ago. The level hasn't gone any higher than 50mg, but it hasn't gone down either.
Give it some more time, they can take up to 8 weeks to start working, but you should hopefully start seeing changes from about 4 to 8 weeks.

NP-Pellet reactor takes about 6 weeks to be 100%.

Ensure that you NEVER switch it off and leave it without flow. If possible ensure that it is connected up to your emergency power.

The outlet of the reactor should go back to the skimmer to be sucked up and skimmed. The pellets should just tumble around and should not move frantically about, as if they were in a boiling pot.

Hi Riaan, thanks very much. Will check again after 6 weeks and let you know how it goes.

Hi Riann, no changes at all. My nitrate still stays at 50mg. What else can I do?

Its working kind off, else your reading would have been higher now.

Are you doing water changes?

I was kinda thinking that. I'm doing a 20% change every 2 weeks. My tanks a 350 liter. Should I maybe do a water change weekly?

Thank you.

Do a 20% water change for a couple of weeks, then check the results. If positive later you can reduce the change to 10%.

How much do you feed the fish? Is it all gone within 5 minutes?

Hi Riann, finally I'm getting so joy. My nitrate has dropped to between 20-30mg.

Back
Top Bottom