My Red Sea Max 250

Very nice, keep what you doing, this tank has huge potential!

Do explain your Kali block?

Hi Mr Smith

Tank is looking awesome. I've been running mine for about six months now. Went through an algae bloom because my weir gate was not positioned properly. I've noticed that yours is all the way to the bottom? The weir gate should touch the water surface maximising suction. This is the optimal position for the skimmer to skim efficiently. Maybe one of the more experienced red sea owners can chip in? Try it out. Hope my 2cents helps..
Keep up the good work.

Amazing setup love all your clownfishes. :)

Great tank to have, coming on nicely. You mist get yourself a small regal tang,he will enjoy that green algae. Mine was big as my thump nail, scared he will go threw overflow grit. You see him grow every day.
Sorry to disagree Dorry, but thats very poor advice in my opinion. The tank is only 250l and a hippo tang will outgrow it very fast. they need biggish tanks with ample swimming area and are not the best choice of fish to use due to their grazing abilities. A Dorry (clearly a fish you like??) is not a good choice for this tank.

Tank looks good, get a algae eating blenny he will enjoy or a few turbo snails
and algae blennie would be an excelent choice for this sized tank :)
Bought 18KG of live rock.

Will be setting it up in the tank soon :)

great to hear youve got my LR wesley. I hope youve added it already as you want to have it in water as soon as possible so as to keep all the life, alive. How about a few pics of it in tank, id love to see what youve done with the aquascape as i thought your tank looked realy good before the additional LR.

The goby and shrimp you have are excelet additions, have you managed to get a pair of goby's? the male has a longer dorsal spine and they are easy to sex. they do far better in pairs and will love you if you give them some defrosted brine or krill as part of their diet. So will that beautiful bi colour angel you have:)

18 KG of live rock installed.

DSC_0426_zps7a8576fc.jpg

DSC_0446_zpsb1044316.jpg

DSC_0529_zpsd68cccb0.jpg

DSC_0531_zps427272a8.jpg

DSC_0612_zps0999eb02.jpg

Hi Mr Smith

Tank is looking awesome. I've been running mine for about six months now. Went through an algae bloom because my weir gate was not positioned properly. I've noticed that yours is all the way to the bottom? The weir gate should touch the water surface maximising suction. This is the optimal position for the skimmer to skim efficiently. Maybe one of the more experienced red sea owners can chip in? Try it out. Hope my 2cents helps..
Keep up the good work.

Thank you for the advice. Will try it.
:thumbup:

Sorry to disagree Dorry, but thats very poor advice in my opinion. The tank is only 250l and a hippo tang will outgrow it very fast. they need biggish tanks with ample swimming area and are not the best choice of fish to use due to their grazing abilities. A Dorry (clearly a fish you like??) is not a good choice for this tank.

great to hear youve got my LR wesley. I hope youve added it already as you want to have it in water as soon as possible so as to keep all the life, alive. How about a few pics of it in tank, id love to see what youve done with the aquascape as i thought your tank looked realy good before the additional LR.

The goby and shrimp you have are excelet additions, have you managed to get a pair of goby's? the male has a longer dorsal spine and they are easy to sex. they do far better in pairs and will love you if you give them some defrosted brine or krill as part of their diet. So will that beautiful bi colour angel you have:)

Live Rock in and installed :). View above :thumbup: tell me what you think?

Have not managed to do anything when it comes to the fish. Looking at buying a Yellow Tang.

The Bi Colour Angel is pretty but can be very shy at times. Takes allot of patience to get a good picture of her.

Last edited:
Hi I like the lay out you will just have issues with flow in the middle and detris may gather just watch that, thats if i am right in saying you have a powerhead in each top corner? try get one blowing down the back to force detris out the middle, flow is hard with a rock wall like this when all your power heads are on the back pane of glass. You will get a figure of 8 flow if i am right, with all this said my set up is very much the same but i have MP40's on the sides and other heads built into the rock work. Try stay away from the tangs as the do do better in larger tanks. Try some Midas Bleenies thay are characters a wrasse maybe goldies.....

Hi Crispin, you wright to disagree:) i didn't look at the size of the tank. :blush:

Back
Top Bottom