My 2M tank...

Lovely, your tank looks stunning.

I am also running a Carx on my display tank, but I don't use a PH probe on the reactor chamber, just in sump.

What media are you running in the skims reactor? It looks like a retro fitted calcium reactor.
Why wouldn't you run the probe in ur reactor..you set the ph inside the reactor then

Why wouldn't you run the probe in ur reactor..you set the ph inside the reactor then
I only have 1 controller and probe so I prefer to run it in the sump and shut the carx off before my ph drops too low in the main display

If you have two, well then great! If you have only 1 monitor and 1 controller which appears to be the case here then run the controller on the sump.

I normally just set the bubble counter to 1-1,5 bubble per second. Seems to give me a ph of 6,3 -6,5 in the reactor everytime I reconnnect a new cylinder.

I find controlling CO2 less effective and less stable than controlling flow out of my reactor. Just my opinion.

I only have 1 controller and probe so I prefer to run it in the sump and shut the carx off before my ph drops too low in the main display

If you have two, well then great! If you have only 1 monitor and 1 controller which appears to be the case here then run the controller on the sump.

I normally just set the bubble counter to 1-1,5 bubble per second. Seems to give me a ph of 6,3 -6,5 in the reactor everytime I reconnnect a new cylinder.

I find controlling CO2 less effective and less stable than controlling flow out of my reactor. Just my opinion.
While I can your reasoning you must remember that you will get ph fluctuations in your sump regardless of a calcium reactor or not as ph drops when lights go off..so parameters might not be as stable as normal as your ph controller is reading normal fluctuations in tank and not reactor

For low ph just run outlet of calcium reactor through another chamber with calcium reactor media..uses up what ever excess co2 passes through 1st reactor

While I can your reasoning you must remember that you will get ph fluctuations in your sump regardless of a calcium reactor or not as ph drops when lights go off..so parameters might not be as stable as normal as your ph controller is reading normal fluctuations in tank and not reactor

For low ph just run outlet of calcium reactor through another chamber with calcium reactor media..uses up what ever excess co2 passes through 1st reactor

You 100 percent correct, I been so lucky to not have nightly dips on my system due to my fuge on reverse lighting, I also have a air stone on the same time as my sump lights for my algae scrubber. My nightly fluctuation is not more than 0.2.

@fstofberg, sorry for the hijack didn't mean too.

Last edited:
f8143da090ddc1c48ac952bd425c77a6.jpg
dc2bbb9d76449b7cefeb02c0d8bb0302.jpg
eaa943899c8f7a9ee43d7982afef4753.jpg
ed1791234603e944d79f4e3b4ebfd256.jpg
e0363fa8fab2d4482627c0a983a77521.jpg
ed0faba0002896da66b1700c036d78be.jpg

So i added some Anthias to the system, added an auto top up to my auto top up from the ro unit, and now I need to start tidying the sump.

what got in there to make those scratch marks?

Back
Top Bottom