Montis sps tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like its gonna be an awesome tank manic!

Nice Dave.....the minimal approach is what I'm also looking for, may even reduce my tang collection when I finally move my stock over to my bigger tank.

I see you have names for your rock islands?

Heres more info on the iwagumi style of aquascaping:

Guide To Iwagumi

and just generally good advice for aquascaping

Aquascaping your Reef Tank

OK, just some pics of equipment, and the base rock Ill be using.

The skimmer and the substrate in the background
picture.php

Vortech (may add another one, or look at something like a tunze... I only have the back panel to use for pumps... with a dimension of 600x500)

picture.php

Profilux 4 pump doser

picture.php

Light units. Im actually happy to go with 2 light units- gives me an element of redundancy in case something happens to one unit.

picture.php

Base rock- just playing with boston aquaputty. This is the second island

picture.php

Main rock and smaller second island. Will just use these pieces and a few kilos of nice LR.

picture.php

OK, the tank is up and running. Corals pretty much browned in the switch, but Im not stressed about that

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

looking really stunning man well done. I dont see any fish whats the stocking on the fish list?

u skimming a bit wet there is that your intention?

Nope, dont forget, the tank was about 3 days old when the pics were taken. Ive dialed the skimmer down a little as well

Looking good Monti

Not yet. In a month or two Ill look at it. Right now Im focussing on stabilising things

Not yet. In a month or two Ill look at it. Right now Im focussing on stabilising things

Ok,any ideas on fish list.I see a frag rack lol,please keep me in mind. :yeahdude:

Yeah, first up a school of chromis. Also wanting a royal gramma, some watchmen gobies and clowns. No frags for a while im afraid

Nice Dave. Your scaping looks like the mini version of mine.

Glad to know my little 'uns are going to a good home. Don't be alarmed if some of the frags don't do much for the next 6 months....that happend to me, then all of sudden the growth will explode. Nice that all corals are starting at about the same size. They will grow well together.

I think you mean nice and brown. Corals are slowly starting to colour up, but the move, lack of maintenance on the nano they were in... and the fact that some were grown under sunlight means that they were pretty brown to start.

I think you mean nice and brown. Corals are slowly starting to colour up, but the move, lack of maintenance on the nano they were in... and the fact that some were grown under sunlight means that they were pretty brown to start.
You have the necessary skills to color it up, so i got nothing more to say ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom