mandarin fish

Really interested in your theories... what is MI ?

(some of the acronyms and some words, i don't get, I speak Spanish....and some English)

Really interested in your theories... what is MI ?

(some of the acronyms and some words, i don't get, I speak Spanish....and some English)

Sorry, Costa Rica, I see it now. MI is Marine Ich.

by the way , carbon dosing should really only be done on a fully mature tank that has its bacterial balance set and is stable. by increasing the carbon dosage in a tank that hasnt cycled(three weeks isnt cycled properly.) you increase the bacterial bio load that will remove enough oxygen out of the tank that it will restart the cycle due to all the suffocating and dying bacteria. your tank will go milky and your mandarin and other livestock will suffocate (but then again that is just my opinion)

i really enjoyed this discussion

i wanted to know one thing but i opened a treasure

thanks alot

by the way , carbon dosing should really only be done on a fully mature tank that has its bacterial balance set and is stable. by increasing the carbon dosage in a tank that hasnt cycled(three weeks isnt cycled properly.) you increase the bacterial bio load that will remove enough oxygen out of the tank that it will restart the cycle due to all the suffocating and dying bacteria. your tank will go milky and your mandarin and other livestock will suffocate (but then again that is just my opinion)

WILL, but it did not. And that happen twice. That is what I was talking about.
Many opinions and ways. I did not say, add one bottle vodka per 100 litre tank water.;)

WILL, but it did not. And that happen twice. That is what I was talking about.
Many opinions and ways. I did not say, add one bottle vodka per 100 litre tank water.;)
wow you were very fortunate, still a little risky for me but if you can pull it off good stuff. you mentioned that you have spawning mandarins can i book one or two of the babies, i dont mind paying a market related price.

wow you were very fortunate, still a little risky for me but if you can pull it off good stuff. you mentioned that you have spawning mandarins can i book one or two of the babies, i dont mind paying a market related price.

I don´t think I was were fortunate. I know how far I can get with dosing carbon sources. The problem starts, if the water is getting cloudy, so don´t add to much, otherwise the water will turn cloudy. It is like having a few beer and you still have to drive back home. You must know, when you can´t have another one to drive safe home.
Panorama had them for 125 Rand each.
One day I will breed them, but not to sell them. It is not worth it from the commercial point of view. I want to breed them, to get experiences with raising free spawners.
But that will take another one or two years, before I will give them a try.
To much work with my albino clowns and I also want to get other rare clowns. In total, I am planning to breed 25 different clown fish species.

oh ok i just thought that you were successfully breeding them at the moment. if you do let me know , i think baby mandarins would be cool

Back
Top Bottom