Lyle's Shallow Existence

Reaction score
hey all ive been inspired by some of the shallow tanks on our forum and others...ive been hooked.
so this is the start of my shallow existence.

DT-150x40x70
sump(for now)-40l i think
total volume +-440

lighting will be 6xt5 54w

return pump- hailea 2800lph

skimmer-AM 500 blue turboflotor (would like something bigger but all i have for now)

i want this system to be very clean so sump area is gonna be spotless and i want zero detritus in my DT...gonna have decent flow to stop stuff from settling.
i want to achieve something similar to tritonian's system...not an easy task but ill give it a bash

heres 2 picks for now let me know what u think

50154f0ad3021fb0e.jpg

50154f0ad33f318b8.jpg

looks good, tank looks familier :)
shallow is nice, you going to use stability? dsb?

oooohhh, i recognise that tank :) i hope it brings you many hours of joy boet.. have you been doing your homework on Zeo?

What you could do in time is add another 2ft as your RO chamber? or a 25lt drum for that matter, your choice...

have you decided on lighting yet?

tank was built by leslie (shot for that)...i love the amount of space underneath there are endless options...ive done research on zeo its not too complecating but the price is a little steep for me...lighting will be 6xt5 might ugrade at a later stage...will dose stability in the beginning when i tranfer all my stock

get mark to assist you with some Zeo dosage advice as you both basically have the same water volume..

but agreed it can get confusing at first, are you wanting SPS? or mixed reef?

definately will have sps i already have a few in my current system...but i like lps too and will have the odd softy yeah will speak to mark

yeah ill have plenty flow i got sand from black rock at the water line...its nice and fine but not like beach sand

take a magnet and put it in a plastic packet and run it through the sand to check for metal, you will be surprised...

dig the size man :p .. awesome looking tank

Lyle dont know how I missed this thread a few days ago...nice to see the tank up and running! Need to do a bit of an aquascape there though ;) I still have those rocks for you...looks like you will be needing them. Also what size heater is that? Looks a wee bit small from the pic...if you need I have an old 300w you can have.

Lyle dont know how I missed this thread a few days ago...nice to see the tank up and running! Need to do a bit of an aquascape there though ;) I still have those rocks for you...looks like you will be needing them. Also what size heater is that? Looks a wee bit small from the pic...if you need I have an old 300w you can have.
yeah thinking about the aquascape...the heater is a 200w but i have another 100w maybe i should hook it up too...yeah will be coming around your place sometime,maybe if ur free sometime this weekend ill come check out ur tank

Back
Top Bottom