Lets see your sound

Reaction score
hi all
Im a bit of a music freak!!:slayer: and love a good quality LOUD sound system!! here is a pic of mine its a diy system and voted one of the best systems in the world!man you must listen to this thing in action!! the speakers arnt complete yet as im upgrading them to a theatre horn speaker system

any way here is the valve amplifier
100_5043.jpg

and one of the speakers
100_5039.jpg

please dond hesitate to show off your system!!

Loud is just bad for your ears - it's the QUALITY, CLARITY and DETAIL of the sound that is important...bit of a paedophile... I mean audiophile myself :)

Nice looking amp you've got there, did you build it yourself?

Hennie

Nice Amp Calvin

Yeah Love decent sound

Have a Cambridge Audio Stereo (no, none of that 7.1.9.2.9 in12 channel junk for me)AMP and DVD audioplayer

PSB Subzer sub (Made for NAD)

AR (Audio research) floor standing speakers with titanium cones

Not THAT loud but really nice sound

absolutley hennie and this is some of the cleanest sound you will ever hear!! truley incredible !! it takes about 3 minutes to warm up the valves but once they are running its incredible!
we got someone to build the amp for us as its a lot of cash to play with (aaround 20k) and we imported the speakers and built the boxes off a US desighn

OK, if you guys want to brag - my 18 year old system: Rotel preamp driving two 50W Rotel power amps each connected to an ARD Time Window transmission-line speaker, AND a Rega Planar 3 TURNTABLE nogal... who but me still listens to vinyl ???

Hennie

OK, if you guys want to brag - my 18 year old system: Rotel preamp driving two 50W Rotel power amps each connected to an ARD Time Window transmission-line speaker, AND a Rega Planar 3 TURNTABLE nogal... who but me still listens to vinyl ???

Hennie

Nothing wrong with Vinyl, sounds a lot warmer than CD'd anyway.

When I was in EL me and friends had a vinyl evening every Tuesday, with lots of red wine.

Every week everyone would "hunt" for some vinyl, family, in second hand shops the net, anywhere really

Hunting for hunting for audio technica cartidges (needles for the uninformed) was also great fun.

Sorry, I have Harmon & Cardon. Thought it was the best at the time, but still to my liking, added the Grundig equalizer some time ago, and 02 extra Yamaha Subs. Neighbours do not like me though, but then again, who cares. Nothing like "Depeche Mode and Duran Duran through a good sound system

A polo is a sound system ???

Oh, I get it - the engine is the sub woofer (knocks), the gearbox is the woofer (whining) and the CV joints are the tweeters (making those really irritating squeaky noises...) :) :)

Hennie

A polo is a sound system ???

Oh, I get it - the engine is the sub woofer (knocks), the gearbox is the woofer (whining) and the CV joints are the tweeters (making those really irritating squeaky noises...) :) :)

Hennie

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I would have to say , and I hate saying this, unlike Rugby when it comes to sound, the British are the shit when it comes to quality sound..

Well I said it

I would have to say , and I hate saying this, unlike Rugby when it comes to sound, the British are the shit when it comes to quality sound..

Well I said it

Stck in your throat for a bit that one?

Calvin - that is a beautiful amp, how long did it take you to make?

WOW! NOW all of a sudden my home theatre system seems to be the PITTS compared to what you guys have.... I am more in the generation/class/standing as Sean:
Amp: Yamaha DSP-A1
Speakers: Front/Main: 2 x Mission-701 (120 RMS)
Front surround: Yamaha 110 watt RMS
Rear/Surround: 2 x Celstion 80 watt RMS
Active Woofer: 1 x Sansui 120 watt RMS active woofer
CD Player: Sony 50-disk shuttle
Pioneer DVD Player (used for CD Player in PCM / Optical mode)

Not exactly Rotel, or something that COMES CLOSE to yours, Calvin, but good enough for me..... My system is about 7/8 years old already.....

WOW! NOW all of a sudden my home theatre system seems to be the PITTS compared to what you guys have.... I am more in the generation/class/standing as Sean:
Amp: Yamaha DSP-A1
Speakers: Front/Main: 2 x Mission-701 (120 RMS)
Front surround: Yamaha 110 watt RMS
Rear/Surround: 2 x Celstion 80 watt RMS
Active Woofer: 1 x Sansui 120 watt RMS active woofer
CD Player: Sony 50-disk shuttle
Pioneer DVD Player (used for CD Player in PCM / Optical mode)

Not exactly Rotel, or something that COMES CLOSE to yours, Calvin, but good enough for me..... My system is about 7/8 years old already.....

That Yami is an AMP:thumbup:

What are the missions like?

Missions perhaps not the BEST match-up to the amplifier - BUT the sound is still awesome - I usually bypass the "sound processor" when I play CD's (I only use the pure amp for my 1st front main channel - main left/right)..... I mostly do not select any "special sound effects" when playing CD's..... I will wait until these speakers blow, and then perhaps get either Yamaha or 2 more Celestion's (I just LOVE the celestion's sound, mind you - those two TINY surrounds I have are AWESOME!)

weeman it took about 6 months to make

calvin, it looks like you running normal twin flex to those speakers. Nice pair of Van der Hul Clearwater speaker cable will make a huge diffs. Even Plain old monster cable would be a lot better.

Back
Top Bottom