LED combinations?

Reaction score
If you were to build a 3 channel LED light fixture, which leds would be your perfect combinations and which would you put together per channel?

I am still a newbie regarding leds, but this would be very interesting to hear.

Looking forward to hearing different ideas, or perhaps most would agree with same combinations.

Sanders

As natural as possible, so want to set sunrise, sunset etc, but also good coral growth. Is this a tall order?

I believe you dont need more than cool white, blue and royal blue. I have a fixture with just those channels and coral colour and growth is just fine. UV is also beneficial but use sparingly. All the other fancy colours are more for our visual stimulation (and for product sales) as far as I am concerned.

I'm stuck with the same question. Currently I'm going to try warm white, royal blue , blue and violet. And then see what happens. I found warm white was good for reds.

the full array of light and spectrum is obviously what corals have adapted to over the last number of years, these being the same as those found from within the spectrum of the sun, the full spectrum in my opinion is obviously your best bet, however many have had success with a bluer than usual spectrum for coral growth over marine tanks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom