ID would be nice

Reaction score
I found this guy on Vetchies this weekend. I have not seen one before so a positive ID would be great. He really is a gorgeous fish!

Arothron stellatus. They get gigantic, even by puffer standards (over a meter long). Pretty infamous for biting off people's toes in muddy water. Juveniles pretty common on the sand next to the reef.

The Map Puffer Arothron mappa is a big fish, and will need a very large aquarium to do well.

The Map Puffer is one of the rarest puffers, and occurs in a variety of color morphs ranging from white with black stripes to bright yellow. The map puffer is also one of the largest puffer species, and should not be purchased without serious consideration for its long term needs. Map Puffers will take a bite out of anything else that catches their eye (including your fingers!) so keep this in mind when choosing tank mates; like the Guineafowl Puffer, it is best kept alone.

Arothron stellatus. They get gigantic, even by puffer standards (over a meter long). Pretty infamous for biting off people's toes in muddy water. Juveniles pretty common on the sand next to the reef.

Thank you Lord Blackadder! So in other words he may not play well with others :p
He really is so pretty though. At the moment he is in a my predator tank.

Yeah the juvies look awesome. He should be good in a predator tank until he outgrows you. If you've got lionfish then expect their fins to be chowed though.

and watch your aquarium apparatus as they tend to nibble on it.
Give it hard shelled shrimp to help wear their ever growing teeth.
It becomes quickly alarmed when in a net, so best to put in container when relocating.

My man is baie gelukkig met syne...
picture.php

picture.php

Back
Top Bottom