Hello

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Well, I live in China but I'm from the USA. I have worked and lived in China going on 11 years. I have always had FWT here in China and am ready for my first SWT. That's how I came across this web site. So, if you all can bare with me on questions and the like, your help will be appreciated.

Cheers,

David

:welcometomasa2:to MASA...there is loads of Info on this Site for you to make informed decisions...ask away and we will all gladly answer you'r questions...hope you love it here on MASA....there is some info, not sure if you want to build you'r own Tank or whether you are getting a "ready made" set-up...either way...some good info for you...

Some light reading to steer you in the right direction....:p
Starting a Marine tank - What to buy first - Marine Aquariums of South Africa
Starting a Marine Tank - Marine Aquariums of South Africa
New to Marines- Please listen!!!!!!!!!! - Marine Aquariums of South Africa

Basic Setup...
Basic Marine Aquarium Setup - Marine Aquariums of South Africa

DIY ROUTE....
Types of Overflows....
Types of Overflows, an Illustrated Guide - Marine Aquariums of South Africa

Basic Sump Design...
BASIC Sump Design - Illustrated - Marine Aquariums of South Africa

Filters and Filter Media...
Filters and Filter Media for Saltwater Aquariums - Marine Aquariums of South Africa
Deep Sand Beds (DSB) - Marine Aquariums of South Africa

Cycling you'r Tank...
Marine Aquarium Cycle - Marine Aquariums of South Africa

When you'r Tank has "cycled" and you'r ready for the "Clean-up Crew"...
Your First Marine Invertebrates - Choosing a Clean up crew - CUC - Marine Aquariums of South Africa

Then Beginners Coral...2nd Link requires a little more "experience", but still "beginners"..so to speak...
Easy Soft Corals For Your Reef Tank - Marine Aquariums of South Africa
Your First Hard Corals: LPS Hard Corals - Marine Aquariums of South Africa

MASA Lingo...
Acronyms, abbreviations - Marine Aquariums of South Africa

Last edited:
Thanks

Hi, pleased to meet you.

A very good start, I plan on reading many of the post here on the site first before I start with any questions. I feel I can find all I need already without bothering everyone with the same questions over and over again. So, thanks for the links.

David

Welcome to the forum Dave, I see Belinda has attacked you with a link or two. :p

How about sharing some pics of China if you have, amazing country, dying to visit there one day.

Hi and Welcome to MASA!

glad you have you on board, there are some very nice tanks in China, one being RoyalMusician from RC

Hello David..Endure and Read..Research..Different Opinions..and Welcome..no question is too small or stoopid..we learn from each other..and also encourage one another..not always easy but worth it..

Thanks everyone for a warm welcome, I will try and post in the correct forum locations. Such as, Viper357's request for some photos from China would go under miscellaneous ??? ID would go under ID and so on :) ,anyway happy to be here.

Hi...think the pic's would probably go here...Photo Gallery...General Images...either way, don't worry if it's Posted in the wrong spot...sure one of the MOD's will help out and move it to it's proper spot...:)

General Images - Marine Aquariums of South Africa

Back
Top Bottom