Group buy:GFO PHOS REMOVER

Reaction score
Hey guys.

I can get granular ferric oxide hydroxide at a decent rate but its an import so if we order alot then we'll get it at a decent rate i'm estimating that we can get it for around R275 per kilo which is insanely cheap imo as most phos removers are around R500 for 500g!

just need to gauge who is really interested please "place dibs":razz:

and guys only post that you in if you serious and want it for sure as i want to get an accurate as possible price and i need to know an exact amount to be able to work out a price for us.

I will obviously confirm proper price before ordering and each person will have to send me the money so i can pay for it obviously;)

ok so who wants how much phos remover at R275 per kilo?

I would be very interested, but would like confirmation that this product is pure enough - i.e. that it does not also contain elements harmful to our tanks. Could you obtain a trial sample, or at least an analytical analyses of the product?

Hennie

Ill be in but same as everyone only if its safe

well here's the ebay link....its the standard granular type not pelletised or anything.this is normally what we get as phos remover from the lfs.only things like tropic marine ellimni phos LONGLIFE(over R1200 per kilo!) are better but for the price this is very very good value for money for a normal phos remover.standard gfo.

the reason for a group buy is shipping for a 3 pound packet is $33(SA is far from USA lol) but on bulk its much more reasonable.

gfo link

to everyone who posted above can you please indicate quantities that you need ?

Last edited:
1 kg at first, if all is good we can order again and ill order more than that

ok initial order is going to be 9kgs max as i dont want us to get our fingers burnt,achilles i already have and order of 3 k's from the others members and i myself will take one.so i have five kilos left can you take a bit less for this first order achilles?

dont worry if it works out fine i'll order as much as you want on the next shipment bro;)

nope ive tried every avenue but reached a dead end locally.best i could get locally is lanthanum chloride but its a pita to dose according to phos levels and a bit risky if you dont know what your doing

this is much more universally usefull for all types of reefers even beginners can use it reliably

Do we dose this stuff normally? In a stocking or bag like we would dose other phosphate removers like purigen?

Do we dose this stuff normally? In a stocking or bag like we would dose other phosphate removers like purigen?

purigen isnt a phosphate remover.its a nitrate remover boet.

but yes you use it in a stocking,media bag or a proper phos reactor.

IT IS EXACTLY NORMAL PHOS REMOVER lol not "like" phos remover,just doesnt come with a branded name.:p

My bad always getting confused between all these names and products

I would have taken a kg or two, but seeing that the order has been filled, and given that I've just recently bought 5kg's of a commercial product, I will gladly wait for the next round - I will then take 10kg's, if the results from the first batch is positive.

Hennie

Back
Top Bottom